Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Jawjarrose's Christmas Harley!

Photo by Moon Photo Room
I interviewed Jawjarrose not too long ago and you can read it here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas was about a week ago so yes I'm saying it's perfectly fine for a holiday related outfit. What's also cool was I was around (online mainly) when Jawjarrose came up with this cosplay as another outfit for her to do. She was struggling to figure out another comic book character to do and it seems Harley Quinn jumped at her. Fitting in a way with her constant popularity and resurgence thanks to the Suicide Squad movie from earlier this year. As for the holiday insert, Georgia went with a Santa like costume that Harley has most definitely worn in the comics. Truthfully it's so simple that it's probably an outfit that was so fun for her to wear. The cosplay at its base is a single leotard suit colored red and black. Evenly split at the middle of it. The arms of the cosplay are matched in color for each side and have diamonds etched in them in the opposite shade. There's also white fur for the cuff lining and where the suit opens up in the chest.

Photo by Darryl Nash
Other pieces of the cosplay include a jester hat dual colored again in red and black. The tips are adorned with a white ball and the fur is seen again in the hats lining. Looking at the cosplay, I can only hope it wasn't too warm where Georgia wore this since that looks like a cozy cosplay! White tights cover up her legs along with small black heels. The wig is also red/black in color. As a whole the cosplay has its references mainly to Harley's original appearance in the Animated Series.

There's really not much else to say but I do have a ton of pictures for you guys to look at. Jawjarrose's expressions make each photo awesome and she looks to have had a ton of fun wearing this!






Photo by Darryl Nash
Photo by Darryl Nash
Photo by Optical Feast
Photo by Darryl Nash
Photo by James Niland

Definitely keep an eye out for Jawjarrose in the coming new year. I got a pretty strong feeling she's got some amazing cosplays planned :D. Here's a link to her page below!
https://www.facebook.com/jawjarrose/

What's Popular?