Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: SunsetDragon's Bard Sylveon!

Photo by Jo Bevvy Cosplay & Photography
Pretty sure the Eeveelution cosplay train won't stop until everyone collectively loses their creative mojo. So until that day comes (please never come) ALL ABOARD! For today, I have the super adorable SunsetDragon cosplaying as Sylveon with main inspiration from Dungeons and Dragons. This was part of an entire Eeveelution group of several ladies portraying each Pokemon as a specific class from the long lived table top RPG. In SunsetDragon's case, she views Sylveon as more of a bard (not the spoony kind though) complete with a small instrument to go along as her prop! The cosplay has a very medieval flair to it along with it being skimpy and no doubt comfortable to wear. The cape coming off of her waist/belt is extremely beautiful and has the light pink shade to match with Sylveon's design. Continuing on the belt, there's a single piece of clothing covering her lower areas, and the belt is colored blue in shade.


Photo by Yenra Photography
The coloring of the belt to me probably references the color that the shiny version of the fairy type is. Or Sunset could have chosen it simply cause it compliments the cosplay well. Either way it works! Her arms are covered in somewhat poofy sleeves with golden pieces of fabric lining the trim and dangling down. Together it forms a cute little jacket. The chest piece is most likely an altered pink bra with added elements. These elements include golden pieces and a cute bow in the dead center. The bow's end pieces extend down and back up in a loop which is another key part in Sylveon's look.

The wig is incredibly cute as are the ears which are most likely attached via a headband. Fleece fabric look to have been used in the ears construction, plus a small blue insert is seen here as well. Pink bands come off one ear as well. Sunset's neck piece/choker has white frills along the edge with the middle area being completely blue. Various bead necklaces come off it and the center is a combination of a variety of fabrics. Coming down from the bra is a necklace with a gemstone attached. The belt was most likely constructed with some of the armor making materials that I've referenced time and time again on this blog. Oh and lastly, the instrument of choice here is the tamborine, pink in color with gold bells as inserts.

The posing and pics are absolutely spot on and I can't get over how cute SunsetDragon looks. Hopefully you guys can agree with me on that!


Photo by Alex
Photo by Sorairo days-Cosplay & Photography

This cosplay automatically made me a fan of SunsetDragon and I highly recommend you check out her page for more cosplays and even take a look at some of her design commissions! You won't be disappointed :)
https://www.facebook.com/sunsetdragoncom/

What's Popular?