Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Megawatt Cosplay's Steampunk Dorothy!

Photo by Maze Studios
As I mentioned in my NYCC Report a few weeks ago, one cosplayer I was beyond thrilled to finally meet was Megawatt Cosplay. This was coming off of having grown close to her over the past year shortly after NYCC 2015 ended. For this year, Megawatt wore Katniss Everdeen on Friday and Steampunk Dorothy on Saturday. It's apparent though as to which cosplay I'm gonna focus on for today right? There's an inherent cuteness and slight sex appeal look for Megan's Dorothy. Given the Steampunk nature in general, old fashioned Victorian pieces are seen on the cosplay. This varies from the brown corset covering her torso, to the brown gloves covering most of her arms. Dorothy's signature blue patterned clothes can be seen in the low cut bra piece and the skirt coming in from below the corset. Right above the gloves are white ruffle cuffs that are positioned on her upper forearm.

Davido Ngo
Course, Megan wasn't the only person a part of this cosplay. Her husband to be, who I also met at the con, wore a Steampunk version of the all powerful Wizard himself that you see at the end of the movie. I've included several pictures of the 2 of them since primarily I'm focusing on Megawatt! Other notable parts of her cosplay include an adorable brown wig with pigtails and full on white stockings covering her legs. It wouldn't be a full Dorothy cosplay without Ruby Red shoes! I should have a picture picked out that shows them in a full body view!

Prop wise, Megan was seen carrying a basket with her own Toto as well as a mini model of a classic (I mean really classic) wooden airplane. The corset is of a light shade of brown with sections in a darker color along with gold colored studs. A strap is also wrapped around the center. I at first thought that she re-used her corset from Steampunk Jasmine but both those cosplays have a different style though they do look very similar. I fully admit that this was probably the outfit I was looking forward to seeing the most. Mostly on the reason of the huge cosplay crush I have on Megawatt and just overall she looks incredibly beautiful in the outfit. I hope you guys enjoy the plethora of pictures I found of this cosplay!

Photo by Eric PhotoNow Photography
Photo by Jason Laboy Photography
Photo by Jason Laboy Photography
Photo by Valdman Photography
Photo by Valdman Photography 
Photo by Wingus

I hope you guys enjoyed this cosplay write up as much as I loved seeing this outfit in person. Megawatt has plenty of other outfits that are amazing and I highly recommend you check out her other posts if you haven't yet! She's just the sweetest <3

What's Popular?