Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Jaycee Cosplay's Kitana 2.0!

Photo by GooJunky Photography
I view Jaycee Cosplay as pretty much my waifu. If that wasn't clear in the countless other times I've featured her work on here then maybe this showcase will help in that regard. Her lineup for this past NYCC was pretty stellar. I managed to meet her while she was wearing her Captain Marvel cosplay, but I wouldn't have also minded in seeing her as Kitana too. This version however is dubbed as Jaycee's second version and it's a lot more shinier in that respect. From the mask to the bodysuit, the blue is especially bright and really pops in each of the photos I have for you all. Jaycee's Kitana follows the style that the other ninja ladies of Mortal Kombat have. The bodysuit is more so like a leotard in a dark blue/black shade. Layered over that is a blue tabard which has an interesting pattern embedded in it. Some photos make it look like it's much lighter in shade (like the above photo) than what it really is.

Photo by Jaycee Estrella Photography
The tabard looks to be sewn into the suit itself and is draped over Jaycee's front and backside. Connected via small shoulder pieces which look to be done out of leather. They also have a scale like texture to them which is really awesome! The blue is really prominent in the cosplay overall. Jaycee has sleeves that are also of the same material type. A pattern can be seen on them which is done in a silver shade too. The ends of them before retreating to the dark blue of the leotard look to be lined with a silver color as well. This is also seen in her leggings too. The patterns look very intricate and a whole lot more to Kintana overall.

Jaycee has quite the figure/body shape which gives off an attractive vibe to the cosplay too. The long black wig is pretty perfect too and I wonder if that was one element re-used from her last Kitana or if a new wig was purchased altogether. Upon closer inspection of the photos, the bodysuit looks to be lined in a stripe pattern. She also has a belt wrapped around her waist which allows the tabard to remain mostly stationary among the occasional flips. Jaycee's face mask is similar in material to the other blue pieces.

There are also Kitana's signature fan blade weapons. These were crafted so well that some of the images make them out to look like actual metal. No doubt however that these were easy to hold for the posing you'll see in the photos below. The upper chest area has an opening which is laced together via string. A necklace is also present here. There aren't any photos that go low enough to show what shoes she's wearing but I imagine heels of some sort. Course that'd mean Jaycee would have had some hard time walking (or I could be wrong but generally heels are a pain to walk in for long periods of time) in them.

Photo by David Ngo
The photos you'll see are absolutely gorgeous. Some of which are even background worthy, and I know I had one of them as my phone background for a time. Jaycee looks just incredible in this cosplay and I can tell she had a blast wearing this. I miss her so so much and I hope you all enjoy the other photos I have picked out!

Photo by GooJunky Photography
Photo by Odin's Iris Photography
Photo by View Beyond Sight Photography
I won't ever stop praising Jaycee Cosplay's work and if you want to see it for yourself, check out the link below! :D hopefully I'll be able to see her again much sooner next year at a con!

What's Popular?