Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Yaya Han's Scarlet Witch!

Photo by Anna Fischer
Yaya Han is always one to create some incredible cosplays. Whether they're of the insane armor builds, or they look simple yet elegant to a beautiful result. Such is the case when she did another version of the Scarlet Witch from Marvel Comics. Yaya had done one way back when I first found her work and that was more latex based as well as around the classic look comic readers are more familiar with. This time around, with Yaya's collaboration with McCalls' pattern company and JoAnn's she decided to use her own patterns to create the outfit you see above. Yaya's Scarlet Witch 2.0 consists of long black pants with a hexagon patterning to them. These were done with fabric taken from her line. Matching them we see black leather gloves which are followed by long red sleeves. One of the main highlights to this cosplay is the corset that covers up most of Yaya's top area.



Photo by Brian Boling
The corset showcases symmetry in both red and black. The former color makes up the middle area while black is seen as the edge trim along with a small area down at the bottom. The red has a darkened design embedded in it and what looks to be the same one is seen on the black edges decorated in white. Exposure on the chest is also viewable here, and it looks as if the red cape is connected either to the corset or both of her sleeves. Wanda's signature crown is also viewable as well, here it looks much more regal and covered in jewels.

Here it's also see-through. Yaya chose a beautiful auburn wig which parts down both sides and gently reaches the top of the corset. If memory serves, this cosplay was done also to be a part of Marvel's special line of cosplay variant covers to some of the issues like the image you see on the right. Yaya has taken part in this project once before with her Skrull Storm she made awhile back (if I remember correctly!). I had hoped more photos of this cosplay would surface but I was just so excited to share this with you guys. I'll probably add a few more pics as edits if they arrive after this post is uploaded. Seeing Yaya at NYCC was a delight and I already miss her a lot. Such a warm smile is what I saw that Friday <3. I really hope you all enjoy the photos I picked out!

Photo by Elysiam Entertainment
As always, Yaya Han is a full fledged expert in cosplay and if you ever want to follow her work/adventures then I highly recommend you check out her page! She pretty much never ceases to amaze me with what she makes next. Full of awesome posts, sales in her store and travel anecdotes!

What's Popular?