Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Holly Wolf's Rule 63 Cloud from Kingdom Hearts!

Photo by Vivid Vision
Kingdom Hearts? Check. Cloud Strife Genderbend? Check! Cosplayer Holly Wolf basically became another person who's taken one of my favorite character designs and made it all badass and lady like which made me want to feature it for you all today. Holly herself is an interesting one since many of her cosplays derive from super cute latex suits (Psylocke) or commissions (Zero Suit Samus). I remember seeing some progress pics as she was slowly making this cosplay and the steps shown in making the shoulder pauldron and buster sword were pretty rad! The outfit consists of long baggy blue pants with a giant piece of hip armor attached to one of her legs. Black heel boots give off that sassy feel here too. Course the meat of this cosplay is seen up near the top, and there I'm talking about the shoulder piece, and the iconic blade. Along the arm with the shoulder piece is a strap like encasing up near her forearm.

Photo by Novii Photography
To make Cloud a bit more feminine for the genderbend, Holly's top is more so like a crop top and gives her chest some more volume. The material looks almost sweater like which I feel makes sense given that Holly is based in Canada and well....it is cold there ya know? The shoulder piece is modeled after Cloud's original one from Final Fantasy VII. Much like the forearm strap, I imagine foam was used in its construction. Holly has her neck covered up in a red fabric wrap which goes over the bottom of her face. That I think extends down to her backside into quite the extravagant cape!

The cape itself is tattered with holes in several spots mimicking the in game model. Getting to the Buster Sword itself, Holly did quite an impressive job in its construction. My best guess is that foam or wood was used as a base. The coloring/paint job is also on point with the different shades of grey/silver. The sword is also wrapped up in white tattered cloth. The handle is coated red here as well. Holly teamed up with some rad photographers and her boyfriend for some shots like the cape flip you see in the top image. I don't have that many photos of the cosplay itself but I've been waiting to write this feature for some time out of excitement so I hope you guys enjoy this!

Photo by Vivid Vision
If you guys want to follow Holly on her adventures both cosplaying, con visiting and working with Playboy and all that, check out her page! Oh what? I forgot to mention she was a Playboy model? Oops XD

What's Popular?