Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kohalu's Dark Pit!

Photo by Joits
If you wanna talk about incredible looking wings on a cosplay, then look no further cause Kohalu is your guy for that area! You may have seen his work before such as his super awesome Charizard gijinka or his gender-bend Morgana from League of Legends! Some cosplays like the latter and one I have for you today throw in ridiculous wings and I believe some actually work in terms of Kohalu retracting and expanding them! Kohalu's Dark Pit caught my eye since it's a character I wasn't expecting to be cosplayed even with his inclusion in the latest Super Smash Bros. To be perfectly honest, I felt that his character as a whole was a waste since he's just a clone to regular Pit. You get a sense of both regal and menacing from this cosplay. The main portion consists of a tunic like piece with a top and a bottom.


The waist and alongside the bottom area can be seen wrapped in sashes detailed in purple/gold. Arm-guards can be seen close to his wrist as well as wrappings alongside his sandals. The sandals also have a white fur lace near the top. Getting to the wings themselves, I'm not entirely sure on how it was done but there was definitely a lot of feather covering. I'm also unsure if this is one of his wingspans that can retract/expand as well.

Nevertheless, the wings look super impressive and the whole "evil angel" vibe comes to me the more I look at them. Kohalu's wig is a short style in black with a golden circlet wrapped around his head. His iconic weapon (more so iconic on Pit) is in the bow form and looks to have been done with foam or maybe even wood? The detailing on it is incredible as is the coloring. Again matching the purple and gold seen in other areas of the cosplay. His posing shows off the strength of the character and I especially love the close up shots as well.

Photo by Joits 
Photo by Soul Design
I highly recommend you guys check out Kohalu's page for more awesome outfits. He just recently debuted an Umbreon gijinka and I'm so in love with the scythe!! SO BADASS! :D

What's Popular?