Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Celestiial Moon's Suicide Squad Harley Quinn!

Photo by Travis Photography
I've been meaning to share with you guys this super cute cosplayer for a long time! Celestiial Moon's Suicide Squad Harley Quinn is one of the cutest versions I've seen and pretty much introduced me to her work. For the famous psychiatrist, Celestiial went all out in making the cosplay very loud and pop too. From the biker jacket to the varying bracelets and neck choker. Taking cues from Harley's New 52 design, Red and Blue make up the color scheme here. The jacket has gold accents on the sleeves and red/yellow stripes alongside the cuffs and bottom area of the jacket. Her makeup is superb and definitely has a clown like influence of course referencing her undying love/devotion to the Joker. The plain white t-shirt has the words Daddy's Lil Monster inscribed in a fancy black font.

Photo by Brilan Imagery
The back of Celestiial's jacket has various words in gold color along with a variety of font types. The bracelets are gold as well. Booty shorts make up the bottom area and are also red/blue in color scheme. Plus, a black belt with a gold diamond buckle is seen which calls back to Harley's original design. Rounding out the rest of the cosplay include fishnets and high heel boots. I really love the wig Celestiial used here as well. Platinum blonde with pigtails, which are dyed along the tips in blue and a pinkish red.

The prop which she has is a wooden bat with words etched on to it.The words possibly reference Batman since it says "Good Knight". Pose wise, she really gets Harley's sassy attitude and facial expressions.  Bubble gum popping is also present here which sells the cosplay even more. I just love how this all came together and look forward to more of Celestiial Moon's work! Check out the pictures!


Photo by Figmentsmedia
Photo by Figmentsmedia 
Photo by Travis Photography

Be sure to head on over to Celestiial Moon's FB page to stay up to date on what she's working on and her convention adventures!

What's Popular?