Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Dynamite Webber's Nightwing!

Photo by Nerd Caliber
Can never go wrong with Nightwing cosplayers right? Today I have the incredibly awesome Dynamite Webber who definitely has a thing for the former Boy Wonder. Dynamite has done several versions of Nightwing but I thought why not take a look at the classic blue? Especially with the character's upcoming Rebirth series has him going back to the old suit. Dynamite's version is more armored up, with what looks like certain cues from the Injustice design. What looks to be a one/two piece black suit makes up the cosplay. On top of that is coverings of various armor pieces pretty much everywhere. Placed in such a way that it resembles body parts. One easy example is the layout of the abs right under-neath the emblem. Speaking of which, the emblem has the classic look of extending out towards his arms.


Photo by RV Photography
Actually, now that I look at it more, the under suit is actually a Nightwing suit since the difference in material can be seen. Though not so much in the photo on the right because that might be a different version altogether. My best guess would be that EVA Foam was used in the construction of these pieces. The blue coloring on the belt and chest looks strong here and is noticeable in the full black outfit. The escrima sricks that Dynamite is wielding have blue stripes around the top.

For the mask, it looks almost plastic and is definitely on the thick end of how it looks. There's also pouches seen on the belt/waist. The hair is also on point and a style that Dick Grayson would have. The photos I have for you guys are pretty amazing and I do hope you all enjoy them. The poses are on point as well and I think Dynamite has an awesome time being Nightwing each time he puts on the suit! :)





Photo by Jason Laboy Photography

If you haven't checked out Dynamite Webber's cosplays, go change that! Alongside Nightwing, he's done other armored cosplays such as a take on Green Lantern, Nightwing's New 52 look, a gender bend of Wonder Woman and many more!

What's Popular?