Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Blood Empress' Angela!


I've been meaning to share with you guys this incredibly badass cosplayer for a long long time. Now that I've returned back to my former way of scheduling features, things should go up faster and be more relevant! Back to the cosplay, today I have for you all the incredibly talented Blood Empress! Here she's wearing her Angela cosplay from Spawn, and it looks pretty freaking incredible you guys. The outfit as a whole consists of a breastplate, leg guards and a head piece. There's also a gigantic belt around her waist and some shorts. For the armor portions, I'm willing to bet Worbla and foam were used in some combination. The weathering effects on the paint is absolutely killer. The winged headdress is beautifully detailed, with every wing shown.


The wig is incredibly bright and gorgeous too. Messy in some areas but it works well given that Angela as a character is a fierce warrior! The war paint is a sweet touch as well. A choker can be seen around Christy's neck with a gemstone in the center. Both arms are seen with giant armguards/gauntlets. These are painted silver with a red section traveling up the middle. The other huge part of this cosplay is the weapon. To be perfectly honest, I don't know what to call it XD.

The prop appears to be a double sided axe....thing. The hilt is wrapped up in what looks to be leather and has a grip in the middle. The axe parts themselves are of a golden hue with some dirtied scrapes. My gut is also saying foam for these just so that the weapon is easy to wield. Getting to the scenery, the sunset is beautiful in some of the shots. The use of the wilderness is perfect for Christy's Angela and the poses range from battle read, to serene and peaceful. Hell, some of these would make for gorgeous background photos if you wanted to do that! Check them out and hopefully you'll know what I mean!



All photos by Dapper Geek News!

I highly recommend checking out Christy's page under Blood Empress if you haven't yet! Her main thing is towards armor and impressive prop work. Some familiar anime characters await you guys there. Plus, you can expect an interview with her very soon! :)

What's Popular?