Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: LynnX Cosplay!

Photo by Shutterfoo
Most of the time, I come across cosplayers through others who either post about them or directly tell me in a way sort of like "HEY YOU SHOULD CHECK THIS PERSON CAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME". Though when I first found this lovely lady I have for you all, I instantly fell in love since Kingdom Hearts is my jam and Lynn's Rule 63 Sora was just so freaking perfect. Guys, meet Lynn, and I was able to interview her for you all since I really do enjoy her work plus she's just an overall sweetheart. She has loves for both anime and video games, as such she cosplays from both fields extensively. Though Lynn states she enjoys anime just a bit more, with Death Note being one of her absolute favorites. Cosplaying since 2014, Lynn wore her Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagan to Anime Expo that year which was also her first con.

For Lynn, cosplay is sort of like a love letter to her favorite shows and games. What better way to show how much you love a character than by dressing up as them. This reason is proven to be true for many cosplayers so I enjoy seeing Lynn profess her love to these characters. With the questions, Lynn talks about her most recent convention being Anime Los Angeles from last weekend. There, she kept it super casual by wearing her Sora and debuting her Female L from Death Note. Alongside Karli, they were a part of a pretty dang awesome group that I got pics of for you guys of course!


Photo by Coslife
From saying that Yoko is her waifu, to explaining how her Sora cosplay came about, Lynn shares her cosplay adventures with me in these questions. While it's been close to 2 years, I can tell by the photos she posts that she has been having an absolute blast. I'm also willing to guess that Naruto is another anime that holds a special place in her heart, considering she's done several cosplays from the series too! You'll also get to hear her thoughts on cosplaying and anime boy crushes. Yep, you read that right XD. Enjoy the questions guys!
----------------------------------------------------------
What got you into cosplay and how long have you been doing it?
Hi James! I've been cosplaying since July 2014 and attending Anime Expo got me into cosplay! I figured it'd be really fun to dress up as my favorite characters. It's kind of like a love letter that I appreciate this anime. ^_^;
Which cosplay was the first you ever created?
My first cosplay I made was Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann!
Thinking back to the last convention you were at, did you enjoy it?
YES! I loved it so much!! Everyone was extremely friendly and spreading good vibes! The convention was a small - medium sized con and I got to meet so many people and see tons of friends! :D
What cosplay(s) did you bring to this convention?
I decided to keep it casual and just bring my Female Sora and Female L with my fabulous Death Note group! :D
Photo by CosFoto
What is your favorite cosplay you’ve made so far?
I'm not sure... I really like my Yoko Littner cosplay and Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers! :D But I'm sure I'll make better cosplays in the future ^_^
What got you into being a geek?
Hmm, I wouldn't really say I'm a geek? Is there a difference between geek and nerd? Haha. I'm just being me! And if that means being a geek or a nerd, I'm cool with that. :)
Do you have any other members of your family who are into what you enjoy? Or are you at present the only “geek” in the family?
Not really! Just me.. haha. XD
You seem split on video game cosplays and anime cosplays! Do you have a preferred area to cosplay from?
I prefer anime cosplays because I've watched more anime than I do play games! However there are many video game cosplays I'd LOVE to do!! :) I absolutely love both though!
I first found you of course from my awesome friend Karli and the fact that you did a gender-bend Sora cosplay alongside her Riku. First off, holy crap I love that cosplay so much and you look so dang CUTE! What was it like making this cosplay and flipping Sora’s gender? Obviously you kept his goofy self-intact through the photos I saw so that was awesome to see!
YES Karli is amazing!! I was so shocked she asked to collab with me at Anime CA 2015 as Sora and Riku!! And thanks so much! It was honestly a last minute cosplay for Anime Expo 2015! It was fun making Sora! I've always wanted to do a Kingdom Hearts cosplay so I guess making it a few days before Anime Expo pushed me to! :'D And yes I was in character but I also felt like I was just being myself anyway :D
For Anime Los Angeles this year, you also teamed up with Karli for a Death Note group. What was it like cosplaying alongside a bigger group of friends? It also seems like you’re a fan of the anime as well?
OMG I've never done a group cosplay as big as this and it was just PERFECT. Everyone looked so amazing throughout the day. I couldn't believe I was with such talented people and sharing our love for Death Note!! It's so great because everyone knows the references and picks fun at the anime and at each other. XP Everyone was in character and fabulous! Death Note is one of my favourite animes and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be apart of such a badass group!!
Photo by Wisely Fong Photography
Your Yoko cosplay was also pretty on point too! Did you enjoy creating her super cute bikini outfit? What was it like carrying around her giant gun?
Haha thanks! I love Yoko because she's my waifu and YES I had fun making her cosplay! Honestly I've never worn a bikini to the beach or in public but for some reason I'm very comfortable at conventions but not at the beach! XD It's weird but it works out? HAHA. And my father and I made her sniper rifle which is about 9-10 lbs! It's not heavy since I've cosplayed her quite a few times so I've gotten used to it! :)
What do you think about cosplay as it is now hitting the mainstream?
I love it! I think anyone that enjoys anything anime, cartoon, video game, comic book, TV show related should cosplay at least once. People seem to dig Halloween, so why not try cosplaying? It's the same thing except it's more than once a year! Now that cosplay is getting more mainstream, I think it's great because it's a very rewarding hobby and you meet tons of amazing people.
Do you have any upcoming cosplays for this year that you’re able to share?
Hmmm I'd like to keep them a secret. ;D Usually I don't share upcoming cosplays in case I never finish them! >< Hehe. But I will be doing my best to make even better cosplays for this year!! :D
Photo by Danizzles
Do you imagine cosplaying being a part of your life within the next 5 years and do you hope to evolve your skill set?
Within the next 5 years? MAYBE. I'm not sure! But I'm pretty sure I'll still be watching anime and playing video games by then if I'm still alive haha. So most likely yes. And YES I hope my skills will evolve drastically! Who knows... not me... but I'll be trying my best. :D
What’s a day in the life of LynnX? Where did the other name Xlosuh come from?
My life is as interesting as watching paint dry. Haha. As open as I am, I actually prefer to keep my personal life private. :) And xLosuh was a nickname I thought of when I was 11. Haha. I've always considered myself as a loser and I really like the letter X. So COMBINE THEM TOGETHER and just make the loser spelled and sound different and you get XLOSUH! (ex-lose-uh) :D
Any upcoming game releases you’re looking forward to?
Game releases? OH YOU KNOW THIS JAMES, I think we're all waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. HAHAHA. It better come out this year... I feel like if I ever have kids, it won't even be released then. XD
Do you have a favorite convention?
ANIME EXPO!! Hands down. That convention is CRAZY and just overflowing with epic cosplays!
Have you ever at one point, have a crush on an anime character? If so which one?Have I EVER at one point? More like my WHOLE LIFE I've been crushing on anime characters. :D I have so many anime crushes. 2D Animu Boys > 3D boyz. My #1 bae is Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. I don't want this to get so explicit but he definitely tops any animu character in my life. HAHA. 

Thank you SO much James for this fun interview!! I had fun answering these questions! I just hope my answers weren't so bland! I really appreciate you asking me so I hope you had fun reading this! :) Maybe I'll see you at a convention in the future?! YAASS. :]

Photo by Danizzles
Photo by Dan Dang
Photo by Instaxhype
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, Lynn has an absolutely wonderful personality and I really can't wait to see what she comes up with next. My fingers are crossed that one day we get to meet at a convention. I've got links to her Facebook Page and Instagram so you can follow more of her hilarious adventures! Really hope you enjoyed this, and again thank you so so much Lynn for giving me the time to do this!

What's Popular?