Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Naomi VonKreep's Edward Kenway!


I managed to interview Naomi VonKreep last month, but that didn't stop me for wanting to pick out a cosplay of hers to feature! After some looking through her page, her Edward Kenway really stood out to me. The way the fabric looked, not to mention the construction of it must have been crazy as with my experience in seeing many other AC cosplays! This being Black Flag, the cosplay has the staple look that's been seen in past entries. That being lots of shading/weathering to make it as a whole look authentic. Plus, being an assassin requires lots of work/movement/killing so you'd want to show that you've been through rough stuff right? I'm happy to say that Naomi nailed it and she looks really badass. The color scheme for this uniform relies on white, black, red and blue. With the occasional brown for wrist-guards and straps!

Naomi is seen here with the classic Assassin hood covering most of her head. The main white shirt is supplemented with a brown vest. That vest shows off gun holsters for fast removal to blow the heads off enemy Templars. Traveling down the cosplay and you'll see a red sash along her waist. and blue coverings that almost act like a skirt. Covering up the front and back near her pants. Speaking of which, the pants are of a tan color and boots are seen right below her kneecaps. The boots are of a rough leather style which is perfect for Naomi traversing across various terrains such as the forest you see in the pictures.

Like any smart assassin, Naomi is decked out in more than just the gun holster. She had a friend of hers create the twin cutlasses you see in her hands. The staple hidden blade can also be seen on one of her arms as well. For photos, Naomi posed in the common ways all of the characters do in the series. Some bent forward, showing her face in a menacing stare. Plus, Naomi even braved the waters for the shot you see up above. To me, this gives the cosplay a real raw feel. Almost as if she was pulled straight from the game, if Edward had a gender swap of course! I absolutely adore how this cosplay came out and Naomi loved it as well. Enjoy the other pictures guys! <3





All Photos by Rebel Photography!

If you haven't yet, check out Naomi's page over on Facebook! I truly can't wait for her Kylo Ren cosplay. Plus I included a link to the interview we did recently!
https://www.facebook.com/naomivonkreeps
http://thelightningpalace.blogspot.com/2016/01/cosplayer-interview-naomi-vonkreep.html

What's Popular?