Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lyz Brickley's Nova!

Photo by Beethy Photography
For BlizzCon last year, Lyz Brickley went ahead and cosplayed as Nova from the Starcraft universe. Most notably her style/design from the MOBA, Heroes of the Storm. When photos of this cosplay were popping up, I was incredibly blown away by how authentic Lyz looked. Almost as if she was ripped straight from the game itself. Nova's look consists of a bodysuit patterned out to match the character. On top of the suit, are various armor pieces strapped on. Specifically, legs, wrists, and a chest piece. Not to mention hip armor around Lyz's waist too! It looks like the bodysuit was custom printed though I don't know the exact details of where it was made. Just from the color/look of the armor, I can automatically say that EVA Foam was used in the construction of them. They definitely go well together in terms of color scheme.

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
The shoulder pieces have a distinct design to them and the differing colors help separate the parts. Lyz is sporting a super cute wig with a ponytail in the back. Also nestled on top of her head is Nova's signature head piece. Of course, you can't forget about the giant rifle that she carries into battle. I'm absolutely positive (if memory serves) that the rifle was commissioned by one of Lyz's many prop making friends. Despite its size, I would hope to think that it isn't too heavy for Lyz to carry. Especially with the poses she's making.

Speaking of which, Lyz perfectly captures Nova's attitude. Confident and almost playful in someways, she really had a lot of fun being Nova at the con. Some of the shots show off the full body, while others are extreme action shots and have editing to highlight some of the glowing parts that are intended to be that way. I totally love how some of the armor pieces look in that its fitting to Lyz. I hope you guys enjoy the other pictures I picked out to share!


Photo by Darshelle Stevens
Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by Jason Chau Photography 
Photo by Kelvin Oh
I highly suggest you guys check out Lyz Brickley's page if you haven't already. She's a huge Blizzard fangirl so more cosplays from their properties are a definite for her. She also has the cutest fur babies ever!

What's Popular?