Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Courtney Michelle's Leone!


I've got another Akame ga Kill cosplay for you all today! My friend and cosplayer Courtney Michelle made a Leone outfit sometime around last year and once photos were taken I just had to feature it. Here, Courtney's Leone is shown in various poses along with the different forms the character has in the show. The cosplay shows a lot of skin and is broken up into various parts. The pants and short top are both black. The white sleeves matches the ones traveling down her legs. However, the lower area is set up that her back portion is completely exposed. This allows Leone to be more freeform with her fighting style. In the picture above, Courtney is portraying her beast form. The ears and paws look to be made of a very soft material. I have to say, she did an amazing job with its construction.

I also really love the wig Courtney has. It matches Leone's look and the curls going down are just the cutest. There are hints at some armor along her upper arms. A belt is seen to help hold up the leg coverings. Brown boots make up her feet protection. Her smile is adorable and she really captures Leone's personality.

The anime definitely seems like one of Courtney's favorites since she has tested out making a closet cosplay of Esedeath as well. The scenery/background in the photos is just about perfect as well. She really did an amazing job on this cosplay and I hope you all enjoy the other pictures I picked out :D. To me, this shows what Courtney can be capable of in the future and I can't wait to see where cosplay takes her!






All Photos by Alan Tijerina!

Please consider checking out Courtney's page if you haven't already. She shows a lot of promise in my eyes and I can't wait to see what she'll make next!

What's Popular?