Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lindsay Elyse's Blood Elf Priest!

Photo by Saffels Photography
Turns out I did a feature on Lindsay's other Blood Elf priest design she made a few years back! View it here!

For BlizzCon last year, cosplayer Lindsay Elyse once again showed her undying love to World of Warcraft. With constantly playing it, she took to task making another Blood Elf Priest! What makes this stands out for me however, is that this is Lindsay's character in the game! Yup, you're looking at a very skilled Discipline Priest in the flesh! It's been a very long time since I've played WoW so chances are, I do not know the names of the gear pieces Lindsay constructed. The cosplay itself is one beautiful gown. The color scheme a white base with golden trim on the edges and going along her front. There's also a nice light shade of brown on her sides. I love how gorgeous the patterning is and how it's implemented throughout the cosplay.

The pieces on Lindsay's front have silver buttons on the end points. Not to mention her sleeves have an added belt like wrap near her hands. A golden strap rests softly across at the top of her chest as well. Based on the pictures, her crown is definitely golden, and I can tell based on its texture that Worbla was used to construct it. I love the points that extend upward from it. Lindsay has a gorgeous blonde wig that has some curls and I really love how it looks on her. I actually can't tell if it's a wig or her actual hair since that is also blonde.

Prop wise, Lindsay is seen in most of the pics carrying a mystical book she made. The designs on the front and back are definitely magical as is the added red stones on the corners. Most likely, it represents the Tome item that can be equipped by spell users in the game. Looking at her poses, Lindsay has her arms spread far apart making a calm stoic face, with smiles thrown in here and there (it's really cute you guys!). I have many more pics for you guys since overall I loved how this turned out. Lindsay nailed this outfit perfectly and once again shows how much she loves the franchise it came from :). Enjoy guys!

Photo by Martin Wong




All other photos by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography!

Please check out Lindsay Elyse's other amazing cosplay work if you haven't yet! She did Evie from AC: Syndicate along with dozens of other video game cosplays. Always fun following her work :D

What's Popular?