Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Lara Lunardi is so Gorgeous!

Photo by Hivemind
When I showed off cosplayer Lara Lunardi last time, it was mainly highlighting her love and appreciation for famous bounty hunter Samus Aran. Since then, I wanted to find another outfit that Lara has created and solely focus on it. I did come pretty close in selecting an outfit but there just wasn't enough photos of a single outfit. I hope it's alright with you guys that I have another Showcase on her for today. Many of Lara's outfits highlight her craftsmanship, especially with her Jaina Proudmoore that you can see above. The cosplay consists of a mixture between armor and gorgeous cloth fabric. For the famous mage of Warcraft lore, Lara definitely utilized Worbla and/or foam in its creation. The breastplate is decorated with some small gemstones and a silver/gold color scheme.

Photo by ModelMosa
The pauldrons have a blue/purple coat with gold along the trimming. There's also some gemstones placed there as well. The fabric choices Lara chose for Jaina are absolutely phenomenal. The blue/purple vest is connected together via a gold chain and just touches the chest piece. Not to mention the gold lace along its edges are beautifully sewn on. Puffed up white sleeves are also seen here and have that see-through look. Gems are a recurring theme here since they are also viewable in this area. Traveling down, Lara has a belt of sorts with rune symbols covering it. There's also the same colored fabric extending down with the same gold lace trim!

White loose pants round out the remainder of Lara's Jaina including a long silver wig. This cosplay has to be one of my definite favorites of hers due to both me being a fan of the character and just how gorgeous the cosplay is overall. The photos Lara had taken really highlight each part of the cosplay. Another outfit I just had to share with you guys is her Morrigan Aensland! This cosplay was actually the first outfit of hers I saw that really made me want to follow her work. As you'd expect, this is Morrigan's classic look.

A black latex like portion makes up for the main part and leggings with the bat symbol is also seen here. I really love the green wig that Lara found for this cosplay, definitely suiting for the character. Her wrists are covered with a white fuzzy ring, and orange sleeves extend outward towards her hands. Lara's makeup looks absolutely stunning as does the photos themselves. They were shot but later edited by Lara who was able to use her design skills to give the succubus that perfect scenery. Chains coming out in one pic,  and a spooky castle in another! Morrigan's signature bat wings are seen here but it's actually difficult to me to determine if they were made or added in the post-production process.

Photo by Craig's Cosplay Corral
The last cosplay I have for you guys is Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil franchise! Specifically, it looks to be either her classic design or one used from the Marvel vs. Capcom fighting series. I only managed to find one picture of it so I hope you guys can forgive me. Here, we have Lara donning a dark blue jumpsuit with straps seen alongside her legs. The style looks like a corset is wrapped around her torso which is interesting. Her weapon of choice looks to be a single silver pistol and the blonde wig goes perfectly with the entire jumpsuit. The photo looks great as you have this faint glow outlining Lara's whole body, the night time setting is fitting considering the franchise too! I really do hope you guys enjoy the remaining pictures I have to share with you <3.

Photo by Craig's Cosplay Corral
Photo by Craig's Cosplay Corral
Photo by Alex
Lara Lunardi does such gorgeous work on top of her designing/post production work. Her game art is also super fun to look at too whenever she posts them. Please go check out her page to see more of her amazing work. You will not be disappointed :). I also have a link to an interview we did several weeks ago as well <3

What's Popular?