Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Danielle Beaulieu's Arcade Riven!


At BlizzCon last year I was insanely impressed with Danielle Beaulieu's Death Knight that she made. Seeing all her progress made me want to go explore her recent cosplays and feature her again since it had been a long time since I did so last. In addition to cosplays from WoW, Danielle makes lots of cosplays from League of Legends. Much like her Kitty Cat Katarina I featured before, here's another character that caught my eye. Not just by looks but mainly how the colors pop in this outfit. Falling into the "Arcade" type of skins, Danielle decided to cosplay Riven's look in this skin. Like other characters in this skin, colors are the main draw here, in addition to imagery giving off that retro look which the outfits are named for. An interesting blend of blue, yellow and lime green are shown throughout the cosplay. From the pictures, it looks like the base of the outfit is a single gray skirt/dress with a green jacket over her. It could also be a shirt/shorts kind of deal, I can't really tell. The jacket has 2 different shades of green with the lighter shade being in the middle.

The belt looks to be very big/loose on Danielle with a health potion equipped on the side. A star is shown in the middle serving as its buckle. The outfit isn't completely consistent with different shoulder plates on each shoulder in addition to one leg being decorated with a knee pad. Stars are seen throughout the cosplay so that's a recurring theme in the Arcade line of skins. Big tube socks with blue shoes form up the bottom of the cosplay. As I'm looking at the pictures I also noticed there's a tiny yellow vest she's wearing as well. Different gloves also are noticeable.

What are probably the standout pieces of this cosplay for me have to be Riven's sword and helmet. The helmet is a very bright blue with inserts on the top. Its sides also are decorated with that star symbol as I mentioned above. The sword is where things really get interesting. In order to wield it the way Danielle does, I feel like foam/EVA foam was used to create it. Or perhaps another light material? The colors again stand out here. All the primary colors with a touch of green in varying shades. The prop as a whole with how it was painted give off a glass like look (at least to me anyways). Danielle's wig also pops here with it's bright green shade. In addition to the eyebrows being green as well!

Danielle makes a variety of standing poses with her legs up in some and the sword being in plain view or behind her. I absolutely love the outfit as a whole and she did such a great job in creating it. The black background allows for the colors to stand out. I hope you guys enjoy the other pictures I have to share!





All Photos by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art!

If you haven't checked out Danielle Beaulieu's cosplay page, do yourself a favor and go for it! Check out her insane DK progress pictures (which I'll be featuring for sure sometime next year)! Also I got the lovely chance to interview her last year which you can view below! I can't thank her enough for giving me the opportunity to interview her! Hope I get to meet her at PAX East this year as well! There's also a link to her Patreon if you'd like to help contribute to her creating more things!
https://www.patreon.com/DanielleCosplay?ty=h

What's Popular?