Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Darshelle Stevens' Killer Johanna!


You already know how brilliant Darshelle Stevens is behind the camera with some of her photography work. However, she also rocks wearing various other cosplays from time to time and that's exactly what I have for you today. At BlizzCon last year, Darshelle wanted to wear a cosplay, so her waifu Lyz Brickley hooked her up with a Johanna that Lyz had made and worn previously. The character makes sense considering not only is Johanna a Crusader from the Diablo franchise, but she's also one of the many heroes you can play as in Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm. Johanna consists of an armored up suit that definitely has that medieval feel to it. The full body has a frontal tunic of sorts that's white with a black torch like symbol on it. The entirety of the tunic is covered in giant pieces of black armor. The highlight pieces I'll get to further on in this feature!

The armor consists of all black with the trimming/edges decorated in a regal manner. Gold is also the color which really works well on an all black set up. With Johanna being a Crusader, Darshelle is equipped with a giant shield and mace. The shield can cover a pretty significant portion of her body and is decorated with the same color scheme as her tunic. Including the torch design! The mace consists of a handle/base with a spiked ball attached to it. My best guess would be that Lyz in constructing this, used lots of EVA Foam/Worbla in making this.

Some of the pics you'll see show the shield have a thin wood backing to protect it from being damaged from behind. The shield also has some red spatters to imitate that bloody/weathered down look which is an awesome touch. Darshelle definitely knows how to pose since she looks so fierce in all the shots! Her hairstyle is absolutely perfect for the character. I loved seeing these pics when they popped up and I hope you do as well!




All Photos by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography!

If you guys haven't liked Darshelle's page, go ahead and fix that! I also have a link to her Patreon site if you would like to donate in helping Darshelle create more breath-taking photos and cosplays! Hope you all enjoyed this :)

What's Popular?