Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Karlibra's Rapidash Gijinka!

Photo by Coslife
Late last year, my awesome friend and cosplayer Karlibra was a part of a pretty huge Pokemon group. It didn't seem to have a central theme and most of the people in the group just cosplayed some of their favorites. For Karli it was a matter of creating a gijinka based off of Rapidash. When I first heard about it, I immediately got excited. If you've followed my blog long enough then you know by my selection of features, I have a weak spot for Pokemon cosplays. It's just that there's so many to choose from and what cosplayers create is totally from their own designs. For Karli, Rapidash was cosplayed in the format of a Warrior Princess of sorts. While as a whole it looks simple, the design and patterning is beautiful. The base of the outfit is a white leotard with armor plating making up the rest of the cosplay.

Photo by David Su
The armor consists of arm guards, a breast plate and knee plates. For the breast plate, Karli went with a flame design that's mirrored on each cup. White and red make up the color scheme. She was very consistent in keeping the design relatively similar for the remaining pieces. It looks like foam was used in the construction of the armor. I loved for the arm guards and knee pieces, Karli added in some white fur to cover the undersides/backsides of them. This must have allowed for them to be comfortable on her skin.

The bright orange wig looks incredibly beautiful on Karli. Definitely adds a fiery element to her overall! The headpiece as far as I remember, Karli had some assistance in making it and all I can say is that it turned out pretty dang sweet. It's a small caps with ears and a unicorn horn as part of Rapidash's design, From the pictures I have, it looks like some kind of plaster was used in creating it. Forgive me if I'm wrong! Of course it wouldn't be a Warrior style gijinka if there wasn't some solid equipment for battle. Karli opted in wielding a one-handed sword so she's ready to bust some heads!

The rest of the pictures show Karli looking serene in some of the poses. I love the closeup shot of her face since you get to see added rhinestones near her eyes. Fire red contacts can also be visible as well. There's just so many of cosplays that Karli has done that make me wish to be in a photoshoot with her, in a matching cosplay of course! I hope you guys like what I have to share of this amazing cosplay!

Photo by Instaxhype
Photo by Rokusan Cosplay
Photo by Instaxhype
If you haven't checked out Karlibra's cosplay work yet, I urge you to fix that asap! I'm always looking forward to what she has coming out next and still have my fingers crossed that I'll meet her one day :)

What's Popular?