Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: MegaWatt Cosplay's Steampunk Jasmine!

Photo by Gotham City Madman
While I was at NYCC last year, I recall seeing an absolutely beautiful Jasmine cosplayer when I was hanging around at Ireland Reid's booth and chatting with her. It wasn't until last month that I finally checked out her work and as expected, I was blown away. Guys, meet MegaWatt Cosplay and I thought for today, I'd take an even closer look at her Jasmine cosplay. This was actually done in the popular style of Steampunk! As far as designs go, I know that Megan worked with another cosplayer who lived close by in both coming up with the design and creating it. The cosplay has the standard/classic color scheme that Jasmine is known for. Blue with areas of gold on the bra and skirt. The steampunk elements come in the form of the top coming down from her neck and the corset. Speaking of which, the corset adds in a beautiful figure for Megan which is one of my favorite parts of the cosplay.

Photo by Neeko Cosplay Photography
Much like Lisa's Jasmine which I featured late last year, the bra is also another favorite part. The style/frills on the golden trimming is absolutely beautiful. Going towards Megan's twaist is a dark brown belt with a spiral design for the belt buckle. The bottom area consist of blue shorts and a skirt that wraps around her sides This also travels down her back side. The corset and top section are of a lighter shade of brown and have buckles throughout to fasten it together. They're crafted extremely well! Megan also nailed Jasmine's iconic hair style with the wig selection. A small tiara is placed around her head with a blue gem in the dead center.

To really complete the cosplay, Megan is seen holding a small decorative tiger. This is a direct reference to Jasmine's loyal pet Tiger Ra'jah of course! The pictures I have for you guys really capture how beautiful Megan looks in the whole cosplay. I'm really glad I decided to follow her work, chatting with her is a blast and I know we'll meet sometime at a convention this year. Enjoy the pics guys!


Photo by Jason Laboy Photography

Photo by David Ngo

Definitely consider checking out Megan's other posts here, since she no longer has a cosplay page! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other cosplays she has planned (let me in on some too :D)! She's also a total sweetheart!

What's Popular?