Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Lisa Lou Who's Thief Jasmine 2.0. is just PERFECT!

Photo by Shadowstone Photography
Every now and then, I'll come across a cosplay that not only is creative but is jaw droppingly beautiful. Both in it's creation and how incredible the cosplayer looks in it. Maybe you did see this showcase post coming if you've followed me on other social media sites. One of Lisa Lou Who's earlier outfits was her own concept/design for Jasmine as a Thief. Flash forward to now and her decision to revisit/improve Jasmine, I was absolutely stunned at what I was seeing. This was just from the progress pics alone. When Lisa finally finished Jasmine, I pretty much fell head over heels in love with it. I'm willing to personally say this is one of her best ones yet since it incorporates all the skills Lisa has learned the past few years with going all out and making extravagant cosplays. Most of Jasmine here remains the same in terms of the basic design. A pair of long/poofy pants, a small vest, bra top and a scarf acting as a hood. Not to mention the perfect black wig Lisa styled too!

Photo by Shadowstone Photography
The color scheme for Jasmine relies heavily on the turquoise blue with mixes of gold jewelry and purple. Starting from the top, Lisa's scarf is able to fully cover her head and she can bring it up to cover her mouth as well. To really give off that thief vibe. The fabric looks very luxurious and has embroidery designs along the edges. These consist of golden lines and a pattern that travels through both ends of the scarf. When let down to show Lisa's wig, that almost becomes a focal point initially for people viewing the pics. The wig is a spot on match to how Jasmine's hair looks in the film. On top of the wig is sort of like a golden harness with a blue gem centered in the middle. This gem as result can be seen gently touching Lisa's forehead.

Photo by Shadowstone Photography
The vest and bra top are probably my favorite parts of the cosplay. Full on glitter and sparkly jewels cover them. The vest has some of the coolest design I've seen in a cosplay and I can definitely see that Lisa put lots of love into creating it. Gold trims on it with a purple design and blue patterns as well. The bra top has gems covering the upper areas and golden streams flowing from the bottom. Each side is exactly the same with alternating strips of blue and gold fabric. Centered in the bra is another gem, this time being purple and surrounded by a gold circle.

Traveling down much like on the sides is a much longer piece of gold beads but they're looped up in a circular motion. The waist area is where things get crazy for a second. Lisa has golden ropes and a sash of sort with it's main color being that turquoise blue. A purple gem is seen at the center as well. Tassels are also seen coming off the edges Lots of purple strips of fabric can be seen on one side and having it clashing with the other colors is very pleasing to the eyes.

Photo by Regina Wamba
The pants themselves have an embroidered design traveling all the way down her feet. Plus the shade of color gets darker as you get to the bottom. Lisa's footwear is also spot on for Jasmine and totally what I imagine her to wear. Small blue shoes that point upwards on the end. Gold fabric is seen on them as well. Her arms are also covered differently. One side is a bracer that is just COVERED in gems and stones galore. The other is wrapped up in white fabric with golden necklaces close to her wrist. The photos are simply breath-taking, Lisa isn't afraid to look both majestic but show off in some of the poses which you guys will see below. She has such a beautiful figure and I love how everything looks on her. This cosplay is my favorite I've seen all year. More than comfortable with making that statement. Major props to the photographers Shadowstone Photography and Regina Wamba for taking beautiful pictures and capturing the character of Jasmine in them.

There's so many photos I have to share with you guys so I hope you enjoy them.


Photo by Regina Wamba
Photo by Shadowstone Photography
Photo by Shadowstone Photography 
Photo by Regina Wamba
Photo by Regina Wamba
Photo by Shadowstone Photography
Photo by Regina Wamba
Photo by Regina Wamba
I hope you guys didn't mind me full on gushing how gorgeous Lisa looks in her Thief Jasmine for today. As always I have a link to her FB page below. Though if this doesn't convince you to follow her work, I honestly don't know what will. SHE'S SO TALENTED AND AWESOME :D. I look forward to being able to see her again sometime next year at a convention!

What's Popular?