Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Byndo Gehk's Cidney!

Photo by David Ngo
When I saw this cosplay that Byndo Gehk made, I needed to feature it. Seeing her progress photos got me all excited since Cidney is a great character for her to portray. Now I know I featured this same cosplay done by another cosplayer along with using the other name (Cindy) so I hope you won't mind me just switching off to the other one for today. Much like the one Sheila did, Byndo is seen here dressed up in a cropped mechanics jacket, short shorts and other various items that I'll get into throughout the feature for today.  One notable difference between them is the brightness of the clothes. It could be the lighting in the pictures but Byndo looks to have used brighter shades for the jacket, hat and shorts. The jacket to me, looks to be a bit more on the latex side course it again could be the lighting making it look like that. The pouches on it are cute too!

Photo by Maze Studio
The hat on Byndo is in the red/yellow color scheme with the patch centered at the top. Black gloves along with knee high socks are also seen as part of the cosplay. Wrapped around her waist is a brown leather like belt with pouches for I'm guessing her other mechanic tools. Another difference between Byndo and Sheila is the wrench you can see the former wearing. It looks to have been made with leather like pieces as well. Goggles are also seen strapped around Byndo's neck as well. Slight glimpses of the pink bra is also part of the whole outfit.

I really love Byndo's wig and how she looks overall. With possibly one of the biggest smiles on her face, she's totally in Cidney's character of being the happy and helpful mechanic that I imagine she will be in the upcoming Final Fantasy game. The back of her jacket is adorned with the same patch seen on her hat. Only at a much lager size. Pose wise she shows off the front and back extremely well. White stripes are seen on the jacket along with pink lines as well. The simplicity of the outfit makes for easy maneuvering for her and I believe she debuted this at Dragon*Con so it's fitting considering that con is mainly known for being a huge party. I hope you enjoy the rest of the pictures!

Photo by Maze Studio
Photo by Maze Studio
Photo by Maze Studio 
Photo by Sateriale Productions

I always enjoy following Byndo's work. She brings so much energy and happiness with her cosplays and I really hope I get to see her again sometime next year. Please check out her page if you haven't already. SHE'S SO SWEET :D
https://www.facebook.com/genderbynder
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, this marks my final post for the year. From the bottom of my heart thank you so so much to everyone's who's read my blog and supported me either this year or if you were there from day one. Running this blog gives me so much happiness and I'm glad I get to share it with you guys by expressing my love for cosplay, going to conventions and all my other geeky interests. Thank you to all the cosplayers for supporting me and making such incredible outfits. Also thank you to the many photographers for taking incredible photos. Seriously, I'm so so happy :D

What's Popular?