Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Katyuska Moonfox is the Best Waifu!


When it comes to Katyuska Moonfox, my feelings just pretty much go all over the place. There's a reason as to why I refer to her as my waifu and that's simply because she's so sweet and talented! I was unable to gather multiple photos of one outfit so much like the one I did on Kayla Erin, here's a bunch of recent photos Katyuska had taken that really show how amazing she is. Most of these pictures were re-shots of past cosplays so she can add them to her print store which she opens up every now and then. Starting off with Bad Girl from No More Heroes which you see above, Kat is in a bit of a clumsy/playful pose. She also does her trademark (yea I'm calling it that, trust me XD) facial expression which is simply her sticking out her tongue and making the peace sign (or V for Victory depending on how you view it!).

The bright green area in the above shot also works well with the pastel colored dress Katyuska is wearing. On the left, Kat shot a Maid outfit she has and what I love about this is how her eyes look. Almost as if she's staring into my soul, and who knows what she's thinking based on that devious looking grin of hers there <3. Must be planning to make you a sacrifice or something I don't know. Her Black Widow is one of my many favorites and she definitely managed to get a shot of her! In that picture, Katyuska is in a battle stance all crouched down with her gun lowered. Looking as if she's ready to fire at the next enemy that comes within her sights.

For her Black Widow, I really love how the suit looks on her. Leather/vinyl is something Katyuska wears so well! The long red/orange wig also looks beautiful here as well! Somewhat related, Kat posts every now and then, progress shots of her continuing diet/exercising in order to feel comfortable with how she looks. I definitely remember reading not too long ago that Katyuska is very proud of her work and it's definitely shown in her Boa Hancock cosplay from One Piece! The two piece outfit shows off her stomach and abs really well here. She's one of several cosplayers I look up to in terms of body confidence and fitness so seeing that picture definitely helps <3. I couldn't be more happy for her :). Both pieces have this gorgeous flower pattern and a long cape is seen trailing off the back side of her cosplay. Her smile here is simply beautiful too!


Lastly, Katyuska shot one of her earlier cosplays she's ever done and that was Kasumi from Dead or Alive! Kat strikes a fantastic fighting pose and the outfit works perfect with the setting of picture. It's possible that it was around the same area that her Bad Girl was taken as well! Her chest is exposed but it's ever so slightly that it doesn't take away from the view of both her cosplay and scenery. I imagine Katyuska was really happy in getting pictures taken of these cosplays. She always shows so much talent and I'm honored every day to be following her work and watching it grow. Simply put, I adore Katyuska to pieces and she's just a delight. Enjoy the pictures guys!






All photos by What a Big Camera!

If for some reason you haven't checked out and liked the great Moonbutt General's page, DO IT <3. I'm always excited to see what Katyuska has plans for next and will no doubt love everything she posts :)

What's Popular?