Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ireland Reid's Vaporeon Gijinka!

Photo by Neeko Photography
At NYCC this year, I had the pleasure of meeting the beautiful Ireland Reid after following her work shortly before the convention. I actually managed to post up an interview I did with her a few weeks ago which I'll include a link to at the bottom of this feature. One of her cosplays that grabbed me was her Vaporeon gijinka which I have to show for you guys today. Lots of blue is shown here with the layout of the cosplay being a bra top and a long skirt for the bottom. Blue sleeves are also present and holy crap are there sparkles everywhere. The upper parts of the bra are adorned with little crystals as is Ireland's face which I love in terms of make up. In some of the pictures I have, you can see blue shading around her eyes along with lipstick. There's also upper blue bands along her arm.

For the skirt, Ireland went with a long shiny blue fabric. Adding in tears/openings on her leg sides. The waist is decorated with beads/jewelry and a small PokeBall which is thin and covered in glitter. A necklace/choker can be seen around Ireland's neck and again, blue is the primary color along with clear beads. Most likely to throw in some emphasis on Ice as well since Vaporeon can learn such attacks like Ice Beam and Aurora Beam.

Ireland's hair is made up of a long blue wig with a head ornament up on top. Vaporeon's iconic fins can be seen here and various types of materials make them up. Fabric for the blue part and possible some thin material or foam? I can't really tell. Ireland is also seen holding on to a glittered up Great Ball as a prop which really compliments the whole cosplay. Her figure is also beautiful in the cosplay and really inspires me in terms of fitness and being confident in my own cosplays! Enjoy the other pictures guys, I really love how this cosplay turned out <3.


Photo by Film Fad
Photo by Nei Photography
If you haven't looked up Ireland Reid yet, check out her page! Also here's a link to the interview we did recently! :D

What's Popular?