Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Ani-Mia


If there's one cosplayer who's an absolute delight along with being an incredibly positive person in the cosplay community, it's Ani-Mia. I started following her work in 2013 and then met her for the first time at NYCC. Since then, I've really enjoyed staying in touch with her. On top of being incredibly gorgeous in her cosplays, she also is a strong believer in treating people well and just overall being nice in general. Mia is also an incredibly hard worker in fitness and wanting to tone her body up for her own self. It's been incredible seeing her progress along with how happy she's been as a result. Mia's been one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to working out and feeling comfortable in your own body. She recently uploaded a YouTube video which I can include down at the bottom and it really shows how much she cares about other cosplayers on top of her growing fanbase.

Mia cares so much, that she sends out mini prints and goodies to pretty much anyone who sends her mail/gifts. In promoting positivity in cosplay and the community, she recently has started bringing cosplayer appreciation cards and hands them out to cosplayers at conventions. The amount of precision and love she puts in her outfits is simply astonishing. Not to mention her giant collection of Funko Pops and ever expanding library of comics/graphic novels, Mia cosplays characters who mean something to her. Including characters from her favorite movies growing up.

To me, in addition to being inspirational for fitness, she also inspired my creation of the Aquaman cosplay I'll be debuting soon this year. I'm so stoked to show it to her and she's equally excited to see me in it! Mia's created such an impact that every Monday is dubbed MiaMonday where many fans pay her appreciation with why she's so sweet and add in some gorgeous photos of her. Having her following my work and blog is still mind blowing and means so much to me :D.


To Mia, thank you so much for everything you've done for me and the cosplay community. For being so sweet and devoted to things you're passionate about. You're beyond beautiful and have helped me through so much. Love you tons <3.

Here's the recent video she made!





What's Popular?