Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Amie Lynn's Vincent Valentine!

Photo by Saffels Photography
Amie Lynn definitely has so much talent and love for the cosplays she makes and I just HAD to feature this recent cosplay she made for Anime Expo (I think?). Also because it captures my Final Fantasy 7 feels. Here, Amie is cosplaying straight up as everyone's favorite loner/brooding pseudo-vampire Vincent Valentine. Literally there's so much here that Amie got right that I'm fan-girling at these pictures. From the long red tattered cape, to the many belts adorned on it alongside her bodysuit. The infamous golden claw and shoe armor looks perfect. Seeing the progress pictures of these specifically was a treat to see. Amie's wig is perfect as well, and her facial expressions are practically dead on when it comes to Vincent who, if you know the character, shows very little expression in the games/movies.

Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres
The red fabric for the cape I'm betting has that semi rough feel to it. That's at least what I'm picking up based on the photos here. The golden parts are most likely done with Worbla and Amie managed to construct them to have her hand moveable! If I remember correctly, Amie didn't have time to make Vincent's famous gun Cerberus and went with a common pistol instead. That's perfectly fine by me since I'm mainly captivated by the rest of the cosplay. The belt placements on the cape is just perfect and I love how loose some of them are, which is fantastic in staying true to the character.

The fiery red contacts are a nice touch here too! The corset like top part of the suit fits her well and the black leggings certainly help with her maneuvering around I bet. Amie's got that stoic look in all of the pictures I have for you which again, is completely in character. This is definitely one cosplay I want to see in person. Enjoy the other pictures guys :D




Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres
Photo by Big White Bazooka Photography

If you want to follow more of Amie Lynn's adventures, stop by her FB Page and check out her other work. Snow White Assassin Creed style, and ALL THE FINAL FANTASY COSPLAYS :D

What's Popular?