Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Vanity Fox's Bunny Suit Umbreon!

Photo by Dave Yang Photography
Cosplayer Stella Chuu created an Eeveelution Bunny group for this past Katsucon and got several others to join in on the fun. Vanity Fox/Casey Anne was one of them, and I have to say I love the result that came out of it. Casey's chosen Eeveelution was the dark type Umbreon and she wears black so well! Much like the other outfits in the group, the concept is basically Playboy Bunny style except well, Pokemon colors. Casey has had some experience with steel boning corsets (unless this was the first one in which case I apologize) so the main covering piece looks incredibly well done. In addition to the corset, she also has flimsy/see-through like leggings which is ideal for the concept of a bunny suit. The little inserts of yellow throughout the cosplay are favorites of mine, from the shoes to the cufflinks.

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
Casey made sure to capture Umbreon's design in this so of course ears and a tail were added. They look to have been done with a very silk/smooth like material. I imagine a headband was used to help secure the ears. Around her neck is a black choker with the center design being Umbreon's signature yellow circle that's seen throughout his body.  The long black wig looks beautiful on her too! Casey certainly got the poses down with ease. I don't think I've ever seen this sassy side of her before! Hands on her hips along with a backside pose which you'll see down below!

I'm happy that Casey got the opportunity to be a part of an awesome gijinka group. Hoping that maybe more cosplays of this type are down the road for her? Whatever happens, Casey always manages to impress me with each new cosplay she makes and I've really enjoyed seeing her talents grow. She's an awesome cosplay friend/sister to me ^_^. Enjoy the other pictures guys!


Photo by Photosnxs
Photo by Photosnxs
I highly recommend you go check out Casey's FB Page under her new identity Vanity Fox! She's definitely a cosplayer who's used a wide variety of materials from fabric to foam and even Worba for armor work! PLUS SHE MADE MY FIRE EMBLEM WAIFU THARJA <3 <3

What's Popular?