Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Meagan Marie's Chell from Portal!

Photo by Mike Rollerson Photography
Somehow I've only gave cosplayer Meagan Marie one feature way back with her Gabrielle Belmont cosplay. Definitely wanted to change that since this lady is just incredibly talented all around. From her fabrication to her makeup, Meagan brings so much to each of her cosplays. For today, while it does look simple, the pictures looked phenomenal and Meagan herself looks so determined. The cosplay is Chell from the cult hit Portal series. If you're familiar with the character then you probably know what I mean by simple. Meagan is seen wearing the traditional orange jumpsuit in some of the pictures you'll see below but soon enough, she has the top section removed to reveal a white tank top with a light blue shirt underneath. The tank is decorated with the Aperture Laboratories logo, which is the location where Chell underwent tests at the hands of GLaDOS. Her own hair was perfect enough that Meagan didn't require a wig for this cosplay!

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
With the suit rolled up to her kneecaps, you can also see little patches/inserts that are connected to each other by a black wire of some sort. What's perhaps the most notable part of this cosplay is the infamous Portal gun. I believe that Meagan used her replica prop she acquired while she was in the process of making this cosplay. Apologies if I'm mistaken though! The pictures do so much more in showing the cosplay. Some of the photographers utilized editing software to give off the Portal color as if Meagan just shot the gun.

Makeup was used for her legs, arms and face. Here it gives off that weary look that Chell must be having as she's overcoming the puzzles put in front of her. Scrapes, bruises, you name it, it's there in some form. Meagan's presence in the cosplay community and video game journalism has certainly made a name for herself. Currently back at her old job of Crystal Dynamics, Meagan is the Community and Communications Manager for the studios. Their next big release is Rise of the Tomb Raider which is the followup to 2013's Tomb Raider reboot! Really do hope I manage to meet her one day! :D Check out these badass pictures!




All other Photos by Hanime Cosplay!

Meagan Marie has gathered up a worthy portfolio of incredible cosplays. I highly recommend you all checking out work, DAT TWO-FACE :O

What's Popular?