Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Courtney Michelle


I hope you guys are in the mood for an Interview for today! Yesterday, I had the pleasure of chatting with the beautiful Courtney Michelle! She's relatively new to the scene but chatting with her here and there has led me to see that she has lots of potential with making some incredible outfits (some of which you'll learn in the video down below! Courtney has mainly been a gamer with playing whatever her older brother ended up having, including such hits like Goldeneye for the N64! It's not too much of a stretch to say that she currently has a love for Halo with looking forward to the game's 5th entry hitting stores soon, along with Fallout 4! Courtney's not much of a comic book reader but she sees anime as another outlet in which she cosplays from!

This is definitely apparent in that she's planning on several characters from Akame Ga Kill and Naruto! You'll be able to learn of how she came about discovering cosplay and seeing it done professionally. This ignited her love and drive for wanting to cosplay more even with the crazy schedule she has as a promoter for events. When not working on cosplay and her job, she's playing games, more so with Twitch and her newly acquired sponsor!


Photo by FelRod Photography
You can easily see in the interview the excitement that Courtney has for her upcoming lineup. With dreams of traveling to many conventions including SDCC, NYCC, and ones in Phoenix, I imagine she'll be able to achieve those as time passes on. I apologize if this write up portion seems short but the interview was so much fun!

Courtney talks about other loves such as Pokemon with her gijinkas and cosplaying characters from One Piece, another anime love of hers! Oh and spoilers for Akame Ga Kill so you've been warned!







Photo by Alex Tijerina
Photo by FelRod Photography
Photo by FelRod Photography




Photo by Mechaboy07


I also apologize if the ending is awkward. Technical difficulties happen everyone! I want to thank Courtney so so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and I'm so glad she had fun with it! Really hope you all enjoyed learning more about Courtney! Please check out Courtney's work and her other social media sites which I've included links to down below!

What's Popular?