Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: April Gloria's Swimsuit Rosalina!


One of the cool things about writing these features ahead of time is realizing that as I'm getting through cosplays that were debuted a month ago (it's July at the time of this being written), huge conventions are either happening or have happened. Such is the case of both Anime Expo and San Diego Comic Con have already taken place. Anyways, enough about that, I got an adorable Swimsuit cosplay to share with you guys! The ever so awesome April Gloria had an assortment of cosplays for Colossalcon including Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and what you see here with Rosalina! This was done for part of a Mushroom Kingdom Princess group with the other cosplayers being Peach and Daisy! What I love about this bikini is the sleek styling. It's a one piece with 2 shades of light blue in matching with Rosalina's standard long gown.

In addition to the suit, April also has a star emblem on her chest which calls back to Rosalina's affinity with the stars and outer space. I also love the wig she's sporting. The long bang covering one eye is one of my favorite things about the character and April pulls it off flawlessly. The earrings are star shaped and very cute. To top it all off is her signature crown which I honestly can't tell if it was done with foam or plastic. It looks that good! The gemstones placed in the areas of the crown are also present in the pictures I have for you guys!

April is strutting her cuteness here with the poses. Armed with a beach volleyball, she's able to show off the full bikini very well. I just love her bright smile here too! The pool which serves as the background to these pictures works well considering the theme of this con usually revolves around bikini cosplays what with being at a water resort! I do hope you guys enjoy the photos!





All Photos by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography!

If you haven't visited April Gloria's FB Page, why not give it a look? Her Elizabeth is spot on and her Skyrim cosplay of Aela is pure badass! Her latest Skyrim cosplay is PERFECT! <3
https://www.facebook.com/aprilgloriacosplay

What's Popular?