Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Variable Cosplay IS Power Girl!

Photo by Strawdoll

This is probably the most accurate and beautiful Power Girl I've seen thus far in my time being immersed in cosplay. I wanted to describe to you all today just how amazing Variable Cosplay is and that this outfit in particular automatically made me a fan of her fantastic work. Variable is yet another cosplayer from Australia who I found after seeing pictures of her Lola Bunny gijinka from Space Jam! I've seen her before through her Power Girl and I wanted to take a closer look at the cosplay as a whole. Seriously guys Variable looks the part! Her figure is just identical to that of Power Girl in the comics. The cosplay is her classic design with a white bodysuit, blue gloves and a cape. The cape is especially long and gorgeous and connected via the one shoulder armor piece. It hangs off her shoulder and travels down towards her legs.

Photo by Strawdoll
The gloves are lined with a golden zipper for easy removal I would guess. The zipper is the same shade of gold in the other pieces matching the color. Variable is also wearing a red belt with a gold circle in the middle. Her wig is also perfect for Power Girl. The cape looks to be connected via a hook on the gold strip extending from the shoulder piece. I absolutely love the pictures as Variable captures Power Girl's attitude and character.

These poses mainly include Variable standing proud, flexing her muscles, and the classic "Eyes Up Here" motion with her fingers. The notorious "boob window" is included as expected but it's not as wide as other Power Girls I've seen. However I think it's just right and I love how it instead draws your attention to the rest of the cosplay. As I mentioned above, Variable pretty much has the perfect figure to pull off Power Girl and that can be seen with the way the white bodysuit is outlined on her. Enjoy the rest of the pictures everyone! :D


Photo by Isidro Urena
Photo by Neitling Photography
Photo by Strawdoll
Photo by Strawdoll

I highly recommend you all go check out Variable Cosplay on Facebook and look at how amazing she looks in the other cosplays she's created :D

What's Popular?