Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Convention Report: PAX East 2015!

I love Monika so so much you guys <3
This past weekend marked my first convention of 2015! I attended PAX East in Boston for surprisingly the fourth time (whoahhhhh :O) and had an absolute blast. I attended only on Saturday and went full in knowing that I wouldn't be able to play many games if nothing at all. I feel like the only thing I wanted to play was Overwatch at the Blizzard booth. I'm sure you guys have a feeling that huge game demos include like 2-3 hour long lines. I had a card full of cosplayers and friends I wanted to see so I made that my priority. It also marked my younger brother's very first convention and I'm glad to hear he enjoyed himself as well. When we got there after walking SO MANY blocks away from the con to get into the line I began my search as to who I could visit first.

I made my way over to the Downward Viral booth where cosplayer Amie Lynn was located to help promote the upcoming digital card game Z: Year One. She was absolutely surprised to see me not in cosplay. We chatted a bit asking how we both were and she lovingly fulfilled a favor I asked of her in recording a video for someone who I view practically as a sister. The zombie makeup Amie was wearing looked pretty good as well! I then worked my way over to the Cherry Sauce Booth where I saw Jason again and we had a nice time catching up and getting to know each other a bit more ^_^. Throughout the con I was searching for where the Dragon Fin Soup booth was to meet to other cosplayers for the first time. Thankfully I found them!

Amie Lynn is such a doll :D
At the Dragon Fin Soup were cosplayers April Gloria and Kara (mostly known as Electric Lady on Facebook). Both of which were super happy to finally meet me after we talked for a little while in the days leading up to PAX. April was dressed up as the main character and I have to say, blonde hair looks REALLY good on her. I'm so psyched for her Zero Suit Samus cosplay. Kara on the other hand was dressed as Morgiana from the same game and she looked JUST THE CUTEST! The 2 of us actually had a nice long chat about cons we've been to along with Nintendo games since she's such a lover of the company. Well that automatically makes her AWESOME in my book :D.

Running around trying to find Lisa as well as the Intel booth where Monika was working, I ended up finding the latter location at just about the time slot where she was going to be stationed. We saw each other, hugged and quickly chatted as there were other people in line waiting to see her. I even managed to get a free print of her Arno cosplay (which she was wearing) for being one of the first few to see her. YAY! As I continued running around I thankfully found Lisa walking down with her boyfriend Nick. Both of which were wearing their own Zelda cosplays which they designed. Lisa's Zelda was more like a battle maiden princess with a giant staff and Nick was just straight up a barbarian Link. Both of these were inspired by Dungeons and Dragons!

I had the honor to be able to have lunch with them and talked with them for a little while. Lisa, don't worry about being so quiet like you told me, I very much enjoyed being in both of your company! You inspire me so much I hope you know that :D! I gave Lisa a drawing I did of her Cammy cosplay which she loved since apparently I chose her personal favorite shot of the cosplay. So glad she loved it! We said our goodbyes and I headed on out to visit Lindsay Elyse. She was stationed at the Astro headset booth for a while to meet fans and I sincerely love the enthusiasm she showed in seeing me again. Lindsay said she's always happy to see me and seeing her face when I showed her the drawing I did of her Poison was a treat <3. After talking about how the con was going for us and Lindsay's unfortunate experience with the airport losing her luggage (still so sorry that happened, hope they were found!), we said goodbye and she gave me the best hug ever!!

April Gloria was so nice!
I also bumped into Negative Stacey who looked super attractive in her Rule 63 Chewbacca cosplay! We unfortunately didn't manage to talk long as we were both running off to find people. She went off to meet friends and I was trying to find Byndo Gehk (who I didn't see sadly :/). We did however take pics together and she just looked beautiful as always! I visited Amie again and stayed around longer to play the demo of the game she was promoting. I managed to win and it was definitely interesting to play! Luckily I also saw Mike from Cherry Sauce as well as photographer Darshelle Stevens both of whom eventually showed up to the booth later in the afternoon.

The last person I saw was the always beautiful Kristen Hughey. She unfortunately was having issues with working on one of her cosplays she had planned for PAX East so instead she looked stunning in a Zelda dress. Chatting with her and her husband Bruce was tons of fun as we talked about how the con has been for us and other things we've been up to lately. I really loved hearing Kristen tell me before the con online that she'll sometimes stalk my Twitter to check up on me to see if I'm doing well. SHE'S SUCH A SWEETHEART! After she was done eating, we walked back down to the con floor and said our goodbyes. Kristen and Bruce are really awesome people and I feel awesome that I know them and they look out for me :).

Lisa and Nick's BADASS Zelda cosplays! :D
Stacey as an adorable Chewbacca! <3
Kristen is always a stunner :)
DERP
Kara was so incredibly nice and I loved her cosplay! :D
I really love Lindsay you guys! <3
Like I mentioned above, I had a really amazing time at PAX East. While Jessica Nigri was there, she was being all sneaky covering the event for GameZone and I was unable to find her. YOU OWES ME HUGS NIGRI! Seeing everyone I did was such an amazing time and I felt like I bonded with them even more as I do at every convention. These people are a part of my cosplay family/life and I feel so incredibly lucky and fortunate to be so well known by many of them. You're all special to me and thank you so so much for making my one day PAX East trip amazing!


What's Popular?