Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lisa Lou Who's Ballerina Poison Ivy! (I seriously adore this Girl :D)



You can read my Feature on Lisa's Ballerina Harley Quinn here! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty much the minute Lisa Lou started teasing that she was creating another ballerina version of one of the Gotham City Sirens, I was automatically pumped and ready! When the final cosplay was revealed, my mouth was pretty much on the ground. As always, Lisa pulled out all the stuff the create such a beautiful outfit. The varying shades of green make her fully colored skin pop out even more! The dress is so complex and full of designs and attachments all to enhance the Poison Ivy design. The frills on the bottom of the skirt are made up of a light green see through fabric with a blue-green fabric layered above. Traveling up the cosplay, the shades of green fabric get darker and the center part of her chest is a normal green in a "V" shape. To me, this part always reminds me of like a Venus Fly-Trap with the lighter green fabric around it resembling teeth. I wonder if Lisa had that in mind?

The straps that hold the outfit together are also decorated with green leaf like fabric. For her skin, Lisa went all out and used a body spray. I remember her saying she used Abby Dark-Star's Arkham Poison Ivy as a reference for this part. Her legs are decorated with green 3-D like vines much like how Abby's Ivy was. Lisa's wig is a bright shade of orange all bundled up in a bun. Atop the wig is a little crown decorated with green studs and a necklace that's placed perfectly so that the gemstone is centered on her wig.

To make things even more amazing, Lisa added in leaves to the sides of her wig alongside the ears. Her ballerina shoes are of a dark green shade with straps going up slightly along her ankles. The photos taken of her are breathtaking by the way! Lisa's shown in classic ballet poses alongside massive tree plants! She's just strutting her stuff as Poison Ivy would! I can definitely see how much love Lisa has for the Sirens with not only creating such beautiful cosplays, but taking her own spin and combining it with her passion for ballet which she had when she was younger. I'm so excited to see her tomorrow at PAX East and see what new cosplay she made for it!







All photos by Erik Blume Photography!

If you STILL haven't liked Lisa's work on Facebook (seriously this is like the 7th time I've featured her :D) then you should fix that!

What's Popular?