Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Lyz Brickley's Mylune!

Photo by Tom Hicks Photoraphy
Coming right out of NYCC this past weekend, I was recommended several cosplayers to look into and see if any of their outfits resonated with me. Lyz Brickley was one of them. You might recognize her as the Jinx from League of Legends that paired up with Jessica Nigri as Ziggs in several crazy photos. This cosplay however just blew my mind when I visited her page. The character here is Mylune from World of Warcraft, specifically the Cataclysm expansion. She's a dryad that gives out quests to players venturing into the region. Arguably one of the key things that stood out to me in this cosplay is the fact that Lyz crafted a horse like body below her and it's freaking incredible! The fabric choice for the vest really stands out and I admire her dedication with spray painting/body painting herself green in several areas!

Photo by Tom Hicks Photorgaphy

The horns have an interesting icicle effect added and they look to be done in the same way that Lyzs' shoulder plates are. The fur goes nicely with the character and I love the blue sash running around her waist. Ok so can we just talk about the centaur like bottom BECAUSE WHAT?! Seriously it looks incredible and the hooves are also made very well with ankle bracelets and fur above them. I'm not sure how she was able to make it and I apologize for not providing with any details but it's just...wow! I like how Lyz added fluffy forest animals to the back of the body to drive home the idea that Mylune loves the forest and in turn, forest creatures! Add in the amazing photos that were taken of this cosplay and you've got one that tells quite the story.

Lyz is no stranger to Blizzard cosplays having done other Warcraft outfits as well as the Queen of Blades from Starcraft. Mylune was debuted at BlizzCon last year and I have a pretty good feeling it was met with lots of praise and OMG AWESOME! Lyz, I'm sorry I didn't properly introduce myself when I saw you at NYCC near some of the booths I was hanging around. You're probably a very sweet girl and your cosplays definitely make me a fan :D


Photo by John Lynn
Photo by Tom Hicks Photography
Photo by Tony Hsu

Definitely check out Lyz Brickley's Facebook page and Twitter! You won't be disappointed I promise :)

She's also a part of a really rad Cosplayer/Photography collab project headed by Darshelle Stevens and you can check out the Kickstarter here!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darshellestevens/the-journey-beyond

What's Popular?