Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Riki LeCotey's Co-Op Assasin from AC: Unity

Photo by David Ngo
I wanted to write a more in-depth post on how Riki made her AC: Unity cosplay to accompany Monika Lee simply because she looks fantastic in the cosplay. I just love the antique/complex look of majority of the Assassin's Creed cosplays I've seen. I can't remember who said it or how but I believe Riki jokingly stated she's cosplaying as the ice cream assassin from Unity. I can only guess it's because the color of the main dress is ice cream-like. Plus the co-op assassins who join Arno in the game are nameless at this point. Like other AC cosplays, the fabric choices Riki made are simply amazing! The leather use for the hood, shoulder pads and gloves are perfect and I love how she has her guns positioned on the belt!


The main jacket is of a light blue color shade with a red sash adorned with a belt. That belt includes gun holsters and a buckle with the Assassin's Logo shape. The hood Riki wears is one of the main points for the outfit simply because of the size and how iconic it is for the characters of the game. Black pants and boots wrap up the remainder of the cosplay. I can only imagine the type of weathering she had to do for the leather portions of the outfit. It definitely came out amazing! The scenery captured in the some of the photos below are perfect with how Riki is posed as if she's up to no good/mysterious.  Hope you like the pics guys!

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
Photo by MineralBlu Photography
Photo by WeNeals Photography and Retouching
To follow more of Riki's cosplay work and adventures (squirrels involved), check out these links:

What's Popular?