Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Destiny Nickelsen's Rocket Raccoon


When I saw Guardians of the Galaxy, I knew I was going to have a great time watching the movie. I enjoyed it so much that I'm following a new on-going focused on one of the characters from the film. None other than the gun toting crazed raccoon that you see Destiny Nickelsen cosplaying up above! The outfit Destiny is wearing comes from Rocket's earlier days in comics and can mostly be seen now if you've played the updated version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I appreciate the fact that she didn't go the "sexy" route that you would find most cosplayers go for and having seen 2 already in that style, this was pretty badass!

The cosplay involves a uniform like top with the center being a rectangle with red trims and 6 buttons with 3 on each side. Red gloves and blue dress pants it seems also finish the outfit. The belt buckle has several pouches where you can imagine Destiny would hold various mini guns/grenades but instead she carries around Rocket's signature gun (I think?). I included work-in-progress shots she posted so you can see how that was made. What's perhaps my favorite part is the hair, ears and how Destiny did the eye makeup. The makeup around her eyes captures Rocket's look, add in fangs and she definitely looks fierce. The ears look like to be constructed in the same manner as the giant tail Destiny has on the back. Furry tail ahoy! I hope you guys enjoy the pictures! :D



Construction shot of Destiny's gun!
Sewing in the red trims!


Photo Credits: Robbins Studio Photography and Fine Art, and FirstPerson Shooter!

If you want to follow Destiny's work, check out these links:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDestinyNickelsen
https://twitter.com/R2Des2

What's Popular?