Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Danquish being Badass!

Photo by Bryan Humphrey
Having known Danquish only online through multiple cosplayers sharing his work, I was excited to meet him this past weekend even if it was extremely briefly. Monika introduced me to him when we were both hanging around her booth with Riki. At that time I believe Danquish was wearing his Sub-Zero cosplay from Mortal Kombat and it looked just incredible. When the weekend ended, I took it upon myself to finally go more in-depth and learn about other cosplays he's done. Danquish is a cosplayer from Canada and lives by his own mantra of "Because Cosplay". Dan is truly an individual who loves cosplay for what it is. He exercises and creates intricate outfits with that saying behind it. With that being said, let's take a look at some of his cosplays rather than focus on one!


At first glance through Danquish's cosplays, he definitely has a passion for the Mortal Kombat franchise. He's cosplayed as some of the various ninja characters multiple times at conventions. Some of them received different versions in the case of Scorpion. His Sub-Zero has a mix of black and blue fabric colors with straps arm bands. I also saw in pics from last weekend that he had a little ice ball prop dangling from his finger. This allows him to do poses around the character's fighting style. This is actually something I tried to do with Greninja's ninja stars but failed to do so.

Danquish has also done cosplays from Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Z Yaiba (alongside Jessica Nigri as Miss Monday) and GI Joe among other franchises. Many of these series feature well abled male characters which fit Dan's physique quite well. There's also a super badass armored cosplay he did which you'll see a photo of down below. I only wish I had gotten the chance to talk with him more since he seems like such an awesome guy from what I've heard of him from other cosplayers. He's someone who truly loves cosplay for the creativity aspect as well as making lifelong friends along the way. I hope you guys like his work and maybe one day I'll reach his level ^_^.


Photo by The Will Box
Photo by Watermark Visuals

Check out Danquish's page on Facebook!

What's Popular?