Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ani-Mia's Psylocke!


With NYCC this coming week and the fact that I head up there tonight, I thought it would be appropriate to feature 2 cosplayers that I'll be seeing at the convention. So for today I have the beautiful Mia and her Psylocke from X-Men! The costume itself was done by Peachykiki and it includes all the right components of Psylocke's signature outfit! The minute I saw these pictures from MineralBlu, I just had to talk about how amazing she looks. The cosplay mainly consists of a one piece spandex suit along with arm coverings and bands. A white belt is adorned with a buckle that has the X logo in silver with a red background.

Traveling down the cosplay is a long white sash hanging off the belt and her legs/feet are decorated in the same fashion as her arms. The wig is long and purple matching with the rest of the outfit and it looks absolutely beautiful on Mia. The pictures however really sell it for me personally, heck the minute I saw the first picture she got back my mind instantly went to MUST FEATURE :D. Seriously, MineralBlu did a fantastic job capturing Mia and the background of her leaning up against the railing is amazing. Of course for good measure there's some back side pics for you guys to enjoy that I included as well. I'm so excited to see Mia this weekend and know she's going to knock it out of the park. <3





All photos by MineralBlu Photography! I've featured his work in various other features (including Mia's Zatanna!) so check out his page here:
https://www.facebook.com/mineralblu

Be sure to follow Mia on these sites:
https://www.facebook.com/Ani.Mia.Cosplay
https://twitter.com/AniMiaOfficial
http://instagram.com/animiaofficial (Her Make-Up Pictures are amazing!)

What's Popular?