Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Jessica Nigri's Armored Sailor Mars and Armored Sailor Scouts!

Photo by Vivid Vision
Don't worry I have literally a bunch more new cosplayers to feature along with a few familiar faces but if you know me at all...I had to talk about this! Here we've got Jessica Nigri in her Armored Sailor Mars cosplay. The idea, photoshoot, and concept of this outfit is literally a copy of when she did her Battle Armor Elsa. This includes the same material used, same girls she partnered up with for the shoot and the fact that the character was drawn by the same artist! This is by no means a bad thing because this looks absolutely gorgeous. I even got a print of this from her because I loved it so much! I've also included pictures of all the other girls in their respective Sailor Senshi!


Photo by Vivid Vision

Every single one of these photos are absolutely gorgeous and pretty much every girl used the same techniques to create the outfit. Massive amounts of Worbla and intricate pattern design. The layout of these patterns on each piece is similar and they all include the signature colors for each Sailor Scout in varying shades. The photo on the left has lots of blue for Mercury where as Jupiter has a combination of green and pink! You pretty much get the idea right? Photographer Vivid Vision took part in the cosplay aspect as well much like in the Disney Princess shoot by cosplaying as Chibi Moon (I think? I started watching Sailor Moon awhile ago and I don't think they introduced her yet) so there's TONS of pink for her!

Then you have Darshelle Stevens who's simply amazing behind the camera and took the incredible shot which I'll save for last down below. The wigs and the tiara's look beautiful on all the girls and I enjoyed seeing the progress pictures that Jessica posted on her Instagram with all the painting that she and her boyfriend did in getting this out for a convention up in Canada. I think it was Edmonton Expo that this was debuted at? The skirts each of them used also compliment the armor work really well. I really have to hand it to these girls for creating such incredible outfits. It's hard for me to decide which shoot to pick as a favorite that they did. Expect a rainbow of colors with these pictures and I hope you guys enjoy them!

Photo by Benjamin Sim Photography 
Photo by Vivid Vision
Photo by ZRB
Photo by Vivid Vision 
Photo by Vivid Vision
Photo by Darshelle Stevens

Here are links to all the girls' FB pages. Check out their progress pictures :D
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJessicaNigri
https://www.facebook.com/GladzyKei
https://www.facebook.com/andyraecosplay
https://www.facebook.com/PompayCosplay
https://www.facebook.com/vivivision

What's Popular?