Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Progress: Pokemon Gijinka!

One of my upcoming cosplays is another gijinka this time based around Pokemon. Seeing Jessica Nigri's latest "PokePenthouse" set of cosplays finally gave me the drive and motivation to start it up. The Pokemon I have chosen is Greninja from the latest games X/Y. He is the final evolution of the Water starter Froakie and just looks like all sorts of badass. In actuality I've made quite a bit of progress with only needing to buy several things and using items from my home, you can check out the sketch I drew out below!

My rough sketch

So far I have the jacket I will be wearing and I figure there's a scarf in my house somewhere which will work. The white spots will be kneepads/elbowpads thanks to a suggestion from my friend. A pale yellow-ish shirt would probably be best and I would just wear blue pants. For his prop I've been hard at work making Ninja Stars out of Worbla since Greninja's signature move is called "Water Shruiken". It was a long process of actually redoing them for a smoother shape/look. Right now I'm painting the hell out of them with adding coats of white acrylic then blue. I then have to decide if that's good enough or should I try something to make it appear with a water like texture. I'm moving along pretty well with this project and I can't wait to debut it!

Blue Running Jacket

Redid the Ninja Stars so they're a lot smoother

First Worbla version of the star

Tracing it out! Thank you Internet for the image hehe

What's Popular?