Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Progress: Meta Knight Gijinka!

The next series of photos I wish to share with you guys are those that depict the progress made with my Meta Knight Gijinka which debuted at Boston Comic Con of last year then having a 2nd showing at RI Comic Con a few months later (improved as well). The main materials used were Worbla, fabric, trims and a nifty little gemstone made out of resin which I purchased but more on that in a little bit! Hope you enjoy!
Initial shoulder piece made with Worbla
The shoulder pieces and sword (Galaxia) were all made out of Worbla with foam sandwiched in between to make it sturdy. Then I added the usual Gesso Primer, White Acrylic base and the necessary colors needed to match Meta Knight. The shoulders had the added feature of gray spray paint which I was able to make into his insignia which is seen on one of the shoulder pieces. Also with Worbla, I created foot armor which after trial and error, ended up being very uncomfortable during the 2nd outing. The armor pieces were attached to white shoes I purchased on the cheap side and then painted purple. Foot armor was painted a darker shade of purple but the velcro straps weren't enough to hold them together.

Foot Armor also made with Worbla!
The infamous cape has yellow trim alongside the bottom up to a certain point and Meta Knight's emblem painted with fabric paint. Funny story, as I was painting the outline, I realized that no newspaper was underneath so it has seeped through creating an awkward image on the dining room table XD. What's worse is that even with newspaper, it ended up being stuck to the cape luckily I made that side the one not shown as I was wearing it so got out of that one! A mask was created though I still don't know how to wear it/implement into the outfit. Also a blue wig was purchased thanks to the help of my awesome friend Casey Anne who found it on eBay for me when we were chatting one time. White gloves were also part of the outfit. The gemstone on the sword was purchased from Kamui Cosplay and it was PERFECT! For clothing I wore blue sweatpants, and a skin tight blue shirt. It doesn't look much so believe me the cape DOES make the outfit :). Enjoy the pictures guys!

Meta Knight's Mask

Initial look for the blade of Galaxia with pointy ends on the side!

The cape emblem

Wearing the cape to test out it's length

Finished shoulder piece with the insignia spray painted on

Both shoulder pieces painted and ready to go

Yellow Fabric Trim hot glued to the bottom hehe

Shoes painted a light purple!

Shoes before the makeover and white gloves!

Initial painted look of the sword

Finished sword with the resin gemstone

Cutting out the design for the cape. ALL GUESSWORK I'M GOOD :D

Me wearing it finished!



What's Popular?