Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kristen Hughey's Lara Croft!


This week I wanted to feature the lovely Kristen Hughey again since she definitely has an amazing collection of cosplays created. The outfit for today is her Lara Croft of Tomb Raider fame. The outfit is fairly simple but Kristen makes it work for and looks stunning in the end result photos. If my memory is right, this outfit is one of Lara's earliest ones when she was created for her first game. A blue top with brown shorts. The wig looks especially amazing on her and I love how long hair suits her. Boots and straps for her guns are also included in the outfit. Black gloves and a belt buckle are also part of the outfit.

The blue shirt (at least to me) definitely shows off Kristen's bust which matches the iconic bust size that Lara is known for (which thus led to her being one of the first sex symbols in video gaming on top of being a famous leading lady). The other big part that makes the outfit is the gorgeous bright setting outdoors where Kristen had this shot. It's perfect for a character like Lara and the poses she makes match up as well. More pictures from the shoot are down below so I hope you guys enjoy them!





All photos by City Light Studio!

What's Popular?