Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Marie Grey's Black Canary!

Sorry for the absence this week guys! I just haven't had anything interesting to say and have a lot going on with school. Anyways, for today I want to feature one of my awesome friends Marie Grey! She has been featured here before in the form of an interview and various shout outs in other posts but I want to talk about one of her cosplays which is one of my favorites. This outfit being Black Canary from Green Arrow!

Photo by orz_Phtgrphy

Now unless you've been able to talk with her, you should know that she is a big DC Comics fangirl (much like me) and she specifically loves Green Arrow, the Birds of Prey, etc. so naturally Black Canary is her favorite! The outfit itself is somewhat simple with black boots, fishnet leggings, gloves, a leather jacket and a black one piece (at least I think it is). The blonde wig looks amazing on her and Marie is definitely doing awesome poses. Some of them just make me say "dem legs" haha.

Regardless I love this cosplay that Marie put together, it should be noted that this is one version and that later on, Marie constructed another version with blue leggings, most of the same pieces with the addition of a mask! She also has a great smile seen in some of the pictures below. I always do love talking with her online when I'm able to and it's mostly just us geeking out over various things like the show Arrow, Final Fantasy etc. I hope you guys enjoy the photos I have to share!

Photo by Cozpho Photography

Photo by P. Karpey Photography

Photo by P. Karpey Photography

Photo by P. Karpey Photography

What's Popular?