Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Dayna Baby Lou's Emma Frost!

For today's cosplay feature I would like to direct your attention to an amazing cosplayer who lives up in Canada! This lovely lady is Dayna Baby Lou and she makes awesome outfits ranging from video games, pin up versions of characters, comic books and much more. The cosplay of hers that I want to talk about is her stunning Emma Frost from X-Men!

Photo by Powder Puff Vixen
What's interesting about this is that there are actually 2 versions of Emma Frost that Dayna did and each of them make her look just absolutely beautiful! The first one shown above looks like to be her own design (if it is in fact based off an outfit she wore in the comics then I apologize. I don't have very much knowledge when it comes to the Marvel Universe). Included are white knee socks, 2 sleeves for her arms and hands, the X-Men symbol  is along the waist of her white shorts and the top being almost like a half corset with the middle part exposing her skin. Also in this first version is a neck piece which much like the waist is decorated with the same symbol. What I also love is the fact that near the back of her face are white/silver rhinestone pieces to make it look like a part of her is hardening her skin into frost/ice which is exactly what Emma is capable of!

Photo by Abby Davies
Dayna's 2nd version is something I imagine Emma wearing in the comics including the full blown white cape attached to the top. As stated on her cosplay page she made this with satin white fur (the cape) and stretch PVC. The heels match up nicely and the X-Men symbol was crafted from handcut aluminum. Talk about an amazing job!! In both versions no doubt Dayna looks absolutely sexy as is the character's nature alongside with a hint of devious like she's up to no good! Below are some more photos I have to share of both versions Dayna created!

Photo by Abby Davies

Photo by Powder Puff Vixen

Photo by Powder Puff Vixen

What's Popular?