Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kamui Cosplay's Protoss Wizard!

For today, I wanted to feature a well known cosplayer for her amazing work with armor crafting. Her name is Svetlana but you probably have heard by the name of Kamui Cosplay online. If I had to sum her up in a few words with regards to her cosplay they would be Blizzard and Armor. Why those 2? Practically all of her outfits are armor sets from Blizzard games such as World of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo. Alongside her husband, Kamui puts in tremendous amounts of detail and when she wears them it's as if you're looking at a real life copy of the armor! Yes I know that's the point of cosplay but seriously go look her up on Facebook!

Photo by Martin Wong
Which brings us to the outfit I just HAD to feature. At first glance this outfit doesn't appear to be from any game that Blizzard has created thus far. Well that's kind of the point, this cosplay is an original outfit that Kamui came up with titled "Protoss Wizard". Now my knowledge of Blizzard games only goes so far up to at least Warcraft lore but I did out of an interest look at info regarding the other 2 franchises. My best guess (and it's probably the obvious so don't yell at me) is that this outfit is a combination between the Protoss race in Starcraft and the Wizard class in Diablo.

All of it was crafted with Worbla which Kamui actually introduced to the rest of the cosplay community and is used by many others featured here (like Monika Lee's Demon Hunter and Yaya Han's Fiora). Added in are impressive stones embedded with LED lights which makes the prop weapon she created light up and I think the armor does too! The painting done is incredible and I love the cape added! There aren't many photos of the whole cosplay so I also added progress photos that Kamui posted on her page and trust me guys, she put in a HELL of a lot of work. In fact this won 1st place in the cosplay contest held at Blizzcon this year and she definitely earned it. Enjoy guys :D

Photo by Onigun
Love these Gauntles/Armguards!

Breastplate with awesome Gem placements!

Photo by Kamui Cosplay
That helmet!!

What's Popular?