Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

The Cosplay of PAX East 2020


I was very fortunate to acquire a Media Pass for this year's PAX East under my podcast, CosplayBytes. As such, I did my best in taking as many pictures as I possibly could when it came to the cosplays worn at the event. Several cosplayers I knew were in attendance and I managed to get pictures with them. Plus, I was able to do interviews with Morrigan Lynx and Sutefaniiroozu who I found and spent some time with. You'll get to see those down below as well as a little bit more context of the interview itself!

Most conventions depending on the gaming climate can have certain games be immensely popular in terms of what's being cosplayed. In this case, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Animal Crossing: New Horizons were some of the most visited booths. So lots of Cloud, Tifa and Aeris cosplays were seen as well as Isabelle for the Animal Crossing folks. This post will sort of act like a photo journal of sorts with the interviews getting more details. Please note that the interviews were conducted with my phone and the convention of course was noisy so I hope you're able to hear us clearly! OK, enjoy the photos guys :D.




 Morrigan Lynx is a cosplayer from Italy and this ended up being her first convention in the United States. She ended up working for the Gestalt Vanguard booth and cosplaying as the lead character. The outfit looked absolutely incredible. I was able to chat with her a bit and talk about the cosplay, how her PAX has been so far and what she was looking forward to play.


Danielle DeNicola worked with the Acer people dressed as one of their hardware pieces.
The cosplay looked incredible!


Midge Scully was there for one day and was an AMAZING Zamazenta from
Pokemon Shield alongside her friend as Zacian. I loved this so so much!




I got to spend time with Sutefaniiroozu who was dressed as one of the main characters to the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. Like her, I instantly fell in love with the wig. This cosplay ended up using a few things that were a first for her, such as the bald cap. Plus the cyberpunk like makeup is KILLER! I got to talk to Steph for a bit and it was great ^_^














I hope you guys enjoyed all the photos in this post in addition to the interviews! This was such an incredible experience for me :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?