Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Alexis Victorious' Commander Shepard!


Cosplayer Alexis Victorious instantly won me over with this amazing Commander Shepard instantly when I was looking through her portfolio. In researching this outfit, I instantly recognized the background of some of these shots. New York Comic Con looks to have been the event where this cosplay was debuted. Whether it was last year or a previous one I am not really sure. In any case, Alexis here is rocking the iconic N7 armor in all of the classic color scheme. First off, the armor certainly looks to be resting on top of an under-suit which serves as the base. Various buckles can be seen especially around the leg armor to help keep it in place. Starting at the top, you have a raised collar piece which then goes into arm pieces in addition to some shoulder spots.

The armor alongside the arm specifically has red and white strips traveling down. Those color appear again on the other arm and the N7 logo that's squared up on her chest piece. Alexis has the chest piece placed on from the front it seems and travels down to her waist. From there, you have an interesting belt that angles upwards. The remainder of the cosplay consists of a variety of leg pieces attached via the buckles I mentioned earlier.

I really love how clean and smooth the armor looks. My best guess would be that EVA foam was the main material used in its construction! Prop wise, Alexis has the signature arm blade that can materialize out of the armor. This looks to have been done with an orange transluscent material. It looks to attach/snap into place!


It's possible that the cosplay got hot to wear at some points given the color but to me it certainly looks comfortable to move around in! Alexis also does an incredible job in the posing department and must have had a blast wearing this cosplay. Hope you all enjoy the pictures I found for this :D


If you wanna see more of Alexis Victorious' work, follow her Instagram below!
https://www.instagram.com/alexisvictorious/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?