Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

PAX East 2020: Misbits Impressions


While traversing the floor, I was stopped by an attendant over at the Misbits booth. He asked if I had an interest in trying their game out seeing as I was under Media. I couldn't pass up this opportunity so he had one of the devs walk me through the game and its various modes. Misbits is a chaotic online multiplayer game with the main concept around having various heads roll around and fight depending on the mode you selected. As a head, you roll around trying to find various bodies that appear throughout each match. These can be either little mini cars or even robots. At one point during a match, I equipped myself with a giant t-rex and was smashing players with my tail. There were a few modes available to play but to quickly mention, Toybox and Playground were not options for me. Toybox served as a map builder where you can create your own locations for exploration and share them with other players that find your map. Playground in a sense is pure exploration where you can most likely experiment with various body types and weapons.


The modes I did play ended up being Deathmatch, Toy Hunter and Kick Brawl. Deathmatch ended up being your standard mode that's found in various shooters. You run around as a disembodied head at first, gather your body and weapons if applicable. You then roam around the field trying to knock out other players. Specifically, a kill isn't registered until you get to the head itself. It took me a bit to get used to the controls since I'm a console pleb XD. Each body has a unique ability along with skills such as sprinting (attached to a stamina bar) and your head has its own dash attack. Kick Brawl is in a sense Rocket League where you travel on the field and try to break the other team's goal and score. The ball is magnetized to you and can be taken at any time, or of course if you explode on the field. This is where I managed to get the t-rex I mentioned earlier. Every successful tail swipe felt GOOD!

Toy Hunter was an interesting mode as the developer was explaining it to me, I instantly recognized it as like the Shine Grab mode in Mario Kart. The same rules apply where you travel around the map until a toy/body that's unique appears. It'll start glowing so you know where to go. As you have this equipped, you start racking up points. The amount goes up the longer you have it and other players will be notified of this accomplishment. Essentially you then have a target on your back and have to survive as long as possible. The game ends either if a certain point threshold is crossed or the timer runs out.



Misbits can REALLY get chaotic and certainly looks like a blast to play! It's set to release today with Early Access and the developers have told me they'd love to eventually expand onto consoles and look into local couch multiplayer. The visuals are very fitting to the type of game, the heads are wacky looking and there's lots of comic book like visuals/phrases that pop as you deal damage to other players! If you'd like to learn more about the game, please visit their website down below!
https://misbits.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?