Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

CosplayBytes March 2020 Recap


This month on CosplayBytes is full of long and exciting episodes! You can hear of my adventures at PAX East alongside a wonderful collection of individuals and more! Thank you all one last time for allowing me this opportunity to cover the convention under my podcast. Enjoy the episodes :)

  I wasn't able to attend Katsucon this year however I did have a chance to talk about it with my OG cosplay waifu! Join me and Jaycee Cosplay for a look at one of the biggest cons of the start of 2020 in terms of cosplay. Learn about the outfits that Jess brought, the cosplays/fandoms she saw and her history with cosplay. She also gives her own view as to how cosplays and conventions have changed over the last 10 years. Plus tidbits at some of the odd/crazy stuff that went down at Katsu!


 My coverage of PAX East starts now with an excitingly long episode with my wonderful friend Mink the Satyr. Join us as we go through each of the days and how it was for us. From trying a variety of games, the booths that had the most presence plus all the shopping we did. Mink also dives into her cosplays and the panels she hosted (which were multiple!). Other cons are mentioned, the impact of the coronavirus in the convention scene and other podcast related topics! This is crazy long so strap yourselves in. This won't be the only PAX East video by the way ^_^.


  Continuing my PAX East coverage, I'm joined by my wonderful friend Dillon aka Bunwitch/Princess Gigglesnort! We got to hang out multiple times and it was an incredible time. Check out the stuff she did with working for Atomic Hype, promoting the Acer afterparty alongside her thoughts on FF7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3. Dillon is very much into KH which is always awesome to have as far as common interests go. While she was sick partly during the con, she always made sure I was having a wonderful time and helped out with gathering content and pics for you guys!


 For my last PAX East episode, I got to chat with my wonderful friends Chris and Shaylin! I spent most of my Thursday with them at the con. We talked about Animal Crossing, the craziness of the lines, Riot's past history with PAX East and how cosplay was overall. They both mention their previous cosplay adventures at ColossalCon, all the shopping and so much more! I really hope you all enjoyed my PAX East coverage, definitely something I'd love to do again!


  I wanted to quickly get an episode/update of sorts regarding how the coronavirus has been affecting the cosplay and convention industry. This was a little difficult to do solo so I hope you guys don't mind! Due to the length of the episode I decided to implement the ".5" notation. This will only be used on episodes that don't hit the usual length that I want to have for each one. I hope you're all safe and healthy, please remember to support your favorite creators in this very awkward time during the convention season!


Don't miss another episode of CosplayBytes! 
Subscribe today on AnchorSpotifyApple Podcasts or any of your 
favorite podcast listening platforms :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?