Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Oki Cospi's Narga Set!

Photo by Dani
Oki Cospi has always been one of my favorite cosplayers to follow and interact with. It's also very fun to clearly see which franchises that cosplayers in general are a huge fan of. Such is the case with Allyson and the Monster Hunter series. So today, I have her INCREDIBLE Narga set from the franchise as a Feature. Right off the bat, I absolutely love the dark shades of blue that make up the cosplay's design on top of the red trim lines throughout. Starting from the top, she's got a long and gorgeous wig that's then covered by a helm. The wig's length goes to about the middle of Allyson's backside and I got a fantastic shot to show that. The helmet looks more so like a face plate with a red transition along its edges. Ears can be seen sticking out on the top and the amount of detail that went into this is INSANE. The various nicks and holes done in, most likely with a dremel as this just screams foam work to me.

Photo by Dani
The photo you see on the left gives off a little more close up view of the cosplay. The chest piece Allyson has looks like two sections in a wrap formation with teeth for its trim. The patterning done is straight up scales which is something repeated in other armor sections that I'll get to in a second. The chest piece doesn't go very far which is where the fishnet coverings come in. I'm a huge fishnet guy so I love this a LOT (kinda hot to me I don't know why XD). For her arms, Allyson has some giant shoulder pieces that extend down the arm before getting into the dark blue sleeves she has.

As I mentioned earlier in this piece, the shoulders have that scale pattern though the shapes are much larger. Small teeth hang off the bottom and the top has this small red piece with X markings across. The sleeves feature multiple white bandages wrapped around the darker blue. Some red can be seen poking out near Allyson's hands. The pants have an interesting design with the middle area completely open with black booty shorts slightly visible. The waist has a white sash tied up in the center and a variety of armor pieces. This includes that same center area plus hip armor which is done in gray with small spikes poking out.


When you get to the actual leg coverage, this looks to be more done in a vinyl material. Starting from her hips, the piece then travels down before wrapping around her whole leg. Even getting into her footwear too! That same scale pattern is visible with the shapes being a bigger size much like the shoulders. The part that creates the opening in the middle features white spikes representing teeth much like other parts of the cosplay do. A red strap with X markings makes another appearance and looks to be the start of boots. An even darker shade of blue covers the rest of her legs and into Allyson's feet. It looks like sandals/flip flops are used as a base for the very bottom.

Weapon wise, Allyson is dual wielding what looks to be claws with lots of white fur towards the "hilt" of the prop. The claws themselves look to be double and are of an almost sapphire like shade of blue. They also look to be layered in multiple parts. The photos do an absolutely phenomenal job of showing off the entire cosplay and I'm just madly in love with the whole thing. Allyson looks super badass as well as enjoying wearing it. I have to wonder if some parts of it make it a little cumbersome to wear! Check out the other photos I found of this Narga set!

Photo by Dani

Oki Cospi is such a wonderful gal and I HIGHLY recommend you go check her stuff out if you haven't already. Her boudoir sets are super cute and I always love sharing her on the blog with you guys! I need to get her on my podcast ASAP this year.....can ya tell I love this lady lots? XD
https://www.patreon.com/okicospi/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?